Talk:Romanian Armed Forces ranks and insignia
I suggest to move the current article to a more complex one, that would include also the Gendarmerie and Police ranks. I propose the new title to be Romanian Military and Civil Ranks and Insignia, and I have been working on a version available here
- Why would be the current title not appropiate? Romanian Armed Forces (Fortele Armate Romane) is the official title of the institution. --Eurocopter (talk) 18:20, 3 December 2009 (UTC)
- Well, because:
- 1. the Gendarmerie is not part of the Romanian Armed Forces;
- 2. the intelligence service (SRI, SIE, SPP, STS) are not part of the RAF;
- 3. The Police and Border Police are not military institutions. and my proposal is to have an article that reunites all the civil and military ranks and insignia in the civil (Police) and military (Armed Forces, Gendarmerie, Intelligence Services, Firefighters) defence and law enforcement institutions.
- So I propose also a NEW content, similar to this one User:ES Vic/Semnul Onorific "Vulturul României".
- --ES Vic (talk) 08:42, 4 December 2009 (UTC)
- Those mentioned by you above are not "Romanian military", but militarized institutions. The article does not include at present ranks of the intelligence services, gendarmerie, etc, it includes only ranks of branches of the RoAF. Considering that I can't figure out any proper article name so we could add ranks and insignia of all the institutions mentioned above, I suggest you to add them to each specific article and create new sections were necessary. --Eurocopter (talk) 09:50, 5 December 2009 (UTC)
The "maistri militari" don't even come close to the concept of a warrant officer. They are simply technical NCOs. They do not receive any sort of warrant, they are trained in the same schools as NCOs, and they do not outrank NCOs (i.e., they are not officers) in any way. Their ranks are equivalent to those of NCOs (maistru militar clasa V is equivalent to sergent, maistru militar clasa IV is equivalent to sergent major, and so on, up until maistru militar principal, which is equivalent to plutonier adjutant principal). This is a common misconception, but it does not make it less wrong. Rimush (talk) 21:29, 28 April 2010 (UTC)
- Totally agree, as you can see here  they absolutely are not warrant officers! They must be integrated within the NCOs template, as sourced. --Nicola Romani (talk) 12:51, 10 April 2011 (UTC)
New ranks for enlisted personnel
Here are the new ranks (and insignia) for the ranks below sergeant: http://www.mapn.ro/fotodb/Grade-militare/MOD_1 If someone could integrate them into the article, that would be great. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 20:48, 12 April 2013 (UTC)