Talk:The Parent Rap/GA1
Don't think I've seen this episode, but I did watch a lot of Simpsons when I was younger.
- "premiere of The Simpsons thirteenth season." premiere of the thirteenth season of The Simpsons, to avoid the apostrophe issue?
- Links with character names. Bart? Homer? The judges? Marge? Wiggum?
- "Mark Kirkland" Link?
- The screenshot's rationale could do with a touch-up. Also, would you have any objection to me deleting the old version of the image? It needs to go, and will do, but if you OK it I can just delete it now...
- "Blu-Ray" Blu-ray?
- You only mention one voice actor in the plot section- perhaps keep it purely for plot?
- Inconsistent capitalisation of "Judge". Is it capitalised as part of a title? "the Judge John Smith"? Or are you simply saying their role? "the teacher John Smith"? I dunno how it is in American English
- The phrase "writing the episode" is repeated a lot
- Doesn't seem right to refer to a police officer as the "owner" of the car (or do police officers own their cars in the US?)
- The fact this is the second episode in the series but the premiere is a bit weird- why isn't that expanded upon in the text?
- "Project-Blu" What is this? Why's it reliable?
- "described the episode as “filler”, praising the episode's concept, but criticized how the episode was executed" Tense?
- "Colin Jacobsson" Who is he?
- "Obsessed With Film" Again, magazine? Why notable?
- "411Mania" You know what I'm going to say :P
- These three (Project-Blu, Obsessed with Film and 411Mania) I'm actually not very sure about, since I do not know how they can be identified as reliable. I did, however, make a search for 411Mania on Wikipedia, which led me to this, a GA which has several sources from the 411Mania website. Still, I'd appreciate if you'd help me verify these websites. If its any help, here are each of their About page (on Obsessed with Film, go to the bottom of the page to see the info):
- The formatting on the references is all over the place. "The Simpsons season 13 DVD commentary for the episode "The Parent Rap"" does not need to be all italicised, neither does The Simpsons.com. As for the others, are they all periodicals? Take a look at WP:ITALICS
- Do we not have any reviews from when the episode was first shown?
The writing's solid and the research isn't bad, but I am concerned about a few of the sources. Hopefully we can get a few things clarified and this can be promoted. J Milburn (talk) 01:16, 14 January 2011 (UTC)
Well, no one's replied to the thread about the sources. They're all borderline, and they're all attributed as responses to the episode (as opposed to controversial information about the episode or something). I'm happy to promote this- it's not the best article on a Simpsons episode, as I'm sure you know, but the writing's nice and it answers the questions people will ask. Seems to meet the criteria. I'm happy to promote at this time, nice work. J Milburn (talk) 22:43, 17 January 2011 (UTC)