Talk:Typhoon Andy (1982)/GA1
- "The system became a strong typhoon for a prolonged period on July 27 and July 28 while attaining a peak intensity of 185 km/h (115 mph) before striking southern Taiwan." When did it struck southern Taiwan, also reads of a bit like a run-on sentence, commas are your friend you know
- "Continuing westward through the Formosa Strait, the storm made its final landfall in southern China and dissipated in southeast China on July 30" Did it dissipate the same day? Mention it
- "At least 60 fishing boats in harbors were badly damaged or wrecked in the wind." How can something get "wrecked in the wind" just say destroyed.
- Power lines were damaged in 600 places; consequently, nearly a quarter of Twain residents lost power at the height of the storm. Wikilink Twain or did you meant Taiwan? Also the first sentence can use rephasing, like Power lines were down in 600 locations or another tweak in wording as it sounds like a one powerline went down 600 times.
- "The westernmost of the three drifted westward and remained poorly defined." Is it relevant if it never became a storm?
- "Thereafter, Andy turned west and entered a more conductive environment for deepening" - Lost in meaning there.
- "and during morning hours of July 28" - missing word
- any mentions of "passed away" should be replaced with died per WP:MOS
- "Three "huge" waves struck the shoreline near Umatac, destroying several homes off of their foundation." - I don't think "destroying" is the right word for this.
- "Along many nearby villages, Scattered damage was noted." - really on the grammar?
- Coastal area were hardest hit. - I'm sure you meant Coastal "areas"...
- Lead said 600 "power lines" were damaged while body states 300 power poles without any mention of lines, be consistent.
- "including a man and a women which died" should be "including a man and woman who died"
- "Another 11-year-old boy was swept into the sea after presumed to have perished" ????
- "a 23-man crew was forced to abandon a 5,393 short tons" of what?
- "Overall, no major damage damage was observed" - next time please copyedit the article before reviewing
Outside these pathetic prose mistakes, this is a well-done article. No close paraphrasing concerns, images are free of use, a random check of three citations correctly link the information. Thanks Secret account 01:52, 26 March 2014 (UTC)