Talk:United Kingdom local elections, 2007
|WikiProject Politics of the United Kingdom||(Rated C-class, High-importance)|
|WikiProject Elections and Referendums||(Rated C-class)|
Table- Local Election Summary 2007 - is Original research
That table is wildly inaccurate!! The SNP only won 181 wards (not "308"), and did win overall control of one council: Angus (not "0").
I can only presume that Harry Hayfield has compiled that table himself, using the nominal statistics from the John Curtice/Scottish Parliament study. If this is true Harry, that makes it WP:OR. Please provide a reliable external secondary source for that table, as per Wikipedia:Attribute. Otherwise it will be deleted as Original research. -- Mais oui! 08:31, 14 March 2007 (UTC)
Type of council
It looks to me that the "Type" column (metropolitan, unitary etc.) in each table is redundant as it's already given in the section heading. I'll go ahead and remove each such column unless someone objects.--A bit iffy 12:08, 4 May 2007 (UTC)
- Nobody's objected so far, so I've done this for the metropolitan councils.--A bit iffy 12:41, 4 May 2007 (UTC)
- Now done the rest.--A bit iffy 18:48, 4 May 2007 (UTC)
Single Transferrable Vote
The article says that the 2007 Scottish elections were the first in mainland Great Britain to use the Single Transferrable Vote system, however this system was also used in the Bedford Borough Mayoral election (which took place the same day). This was the second time Bedford voted for its mayor, and I think single-tranferrable-vote was also used the first time. Obviously this needs to be confirmed before the article is corrected.
- When there is just one post to be filled it is not STV but rather Instant-runoff voting, therefore the article is correct. Davewild 08:43, 5 May 2007 (UTC)
- I thought that IRV was regarded as a subset of STV, in which case the article is incorrect. Either way it needs to be clarified. Pontificake 15:35, 5 May 2007 (UTC)
- I have provided a reference to the claim and have not heard any of the media contradict what we have in the article. Davewild 16:12, 5 May 2007 (UTC)
References for claims
- As far as the reference that I wrote in is concerened, the BBC article stated that there were 13 young candidates standing nationwide. This can't be true as I'm 19 and I stood for Carrick and wasn't mentioned in the article. -hash
The page was getting rather long and cumbersome to edit, so now the council results section have been shifted into sub-pages and transcluded back into the article.
Edit them using the section  links at the sides. Their edit histories will be stored against each sub-page, not the main page.
Mauls 02:33, 23 June 2007 (UTC)
Major issues with this article
Hi. Several issues need to be fixed. Firstly the infobox only includes data from England's council elections. Similarly the 'Summary section only summarises for England. Secondly, I can't manage to fix the layout so that english council results come up with a subsection of England rather than new sections. Regards Fishiehelper2 (talk) 16:54, 4 January 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on United Kingdom local elections, 2007. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080911044554/http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/business/research/briefings-05/SB05-31.pdf to http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/business/research/briefings-05/SB05-31.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.