Talk:Warrior (Kesha album)/Archive 1
|This page is an archive. Do not edit the contents of this page. Please direct any additional comments to the current talk page.|
- 1 new information and knowledge
- 2 spandex on the distant horizon
- 3 release in May 2012
- 4 spandex on the distant horizon
- 5 New information 2
- 6 new song?
- 7 new single?
- 8 Artwork
- 9 Editing
- 10 Recorded Tracks
- 11 Album's genre
- 12 Blanking
- 13 Deletion
- 14 Album Title
- 15 Release date
- 16 Artwork
- 17 why no page about Die Young?
- 18 Will I Am and Ben Folds?
- 19 Calvin Harris? Or Not?
- 20 Track times
- 21 Edit war involving promotional single
- 22 Merge request
- 23 Spiritual Journey(?) and being taken seriously
- 24 False Information
- 25 New Sales Info - March 2013
- 26 Quick typo edit please?
- 27 Charts
new information and knowledge
Hey everyone. Just found a tracklist of the new album with information about it's release. I'm not saying it's legit, reliable or true and I'm not saying it should be considered a part of the wiki article. I just wanted to give you some information that seems true and realistic so you can research further in to it and obtain greater more reliable knowledge. Just go on this link to see the information. http://p.twimg.com/AvUD4SNCAAA03Z3.jpg:large — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 02:41, 14 June 2012 (UTC)
- This is 100% a WP:HOAX and one of many "track listings" that people have made over the past few days that have been spread through social media. Sorry, but thank you anyways. - (CK)Lakeshade - talk2me - 05:54, 14 June 2012 (UTC)
spandex on the distant horizon
- Did you read before you commented? "Spandex on the Distant Horizon is a tentative album name that was reveled as the title in March 2011. Due to the time lapse between the interview and the album's release the title may be subject to change." - (CK)Lakeshade - talk2me - 19:43, 7 April 2012 (UTC)
release in May 2012
- Source for there not being a name? No? WP:NOR. - (CK)Lakeshade - talk2me - 22:24, 7 April 2012 (UTC)
spandex on the distant horizon
"spandex on the distant horizon" should be at least mentioned in the article (in my opinion) For recorded tracks, can the creator add "Pretty Lady" (or "Brown Eyes"), 2012 (You Must Be Upgraded) [The Flaming Lips feat. Kesha], and Sex Toy feat. The Flaming Lips — Preceding unsigned comment added by Musickwebz (talk • contribs) 22:05, 5 May 2012 (UTC)
- "In March 2011, Kesha revealed in an interview with Beatweek Magazine that she had already chosen the title for the record, calling it Spandex on the Distant Horizon. The album's title, however, was asserted as not yet named by Billboard in a publication in May 2012, with the article stating that the project is currently untitled." "Pretty Lady" is not confirmed by any high-quality reliable 3rd party sources; neither is "Sex Toy". "2012" is a song for the Lips' album which was already released, it is not for this album. - (CK)Lakeshade - talk2me - 22:28, 5 May 2012 (UTC)
New information 2
I think that under 'Recording' that it should state: 'In June 2012, Kesha announced she was in the process of finishing the album.' My source: https://twitter.com/keshasuxx/status/215339962244149248 — Preceding unsigned comment added by WillWalker23 (talk • contribs) 16:00, 20 June 2012 (UTC)
- ✗ Not done. Twitter is not a reliable source. This won't be added. - (CK)Lakeshade - talk2me - 18:33, 20 June 2012 (UTC)
How is Twitter not a reliable source? It's her saying it herself... Oh and by the way, apparently Twitter IS a reliable source because it was added that she was shooting her cover art in the article JUST like she said on Twitter. (Look at the very bottom).
On looking through wikipedia on Dr Luke's wikipedia page, it says he produced a song for this album titled, "Losin' Ma Soul" and I was wondering whether this should go in the recorded tracks section. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 18:25, 21 June 2012 (UTC)
- It's a WP:HOAX. Notice, unlike this article, his contains original research. - (CK)Lakeshade - talk2me - 00:04, 22 June 2012 (UTC)
new single on July 13rd? http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6fus2bzGr1rql1tuo1_500.jpg — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 21:05, 30 June 2012 (UTC)
Kesha announced through twitter on July 1, 2012 that she was in the process of creating the cover art. She tweeted, "takin photoz fur the covverrr of my rekkkordddd animals... kno wha that meanz?!!! I'm nekked!!!!" https://twitter.com/keshasuxx/status/219454648845737985 — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 17:09, 1 July 2012 (UTC)
What is up with all this editing of adding information and deleting information? Either keep the rumors or not. At least they labeled it as a rumor/potential truth. Also, ADD THAT KE$HA ANNOUNCED SHE WAS FINISHING THE ALBUM ON JUNE 20 FROM TWITTER. THAT'S WHERE MOST OF THE INFORMATION COMES FROM ANYWAYS! And don't tell me "Twitter is an unreliable source" because you've already added countless Twitter announcements on this article. No wonder people think WIKIPEDIA is an unreliable source!!!! — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 22:04, 14 July 2012 (UTC)
Hey, i personally haven't removed any information from Twitter because i think it's fine. However rumours are not reliable and shouldn't be on Wikipedia. We have a lot of people vandalising the page putting outtakes and demo's from Kesha's first album: Animal such as "This is Me Breaking Up With You". We've also had tracks that haven't been sourced, which haven't been sourced correctly or have unreliable sources (excluding Twitter). Finally, a lot of vandalising of the page consists of jokes such as... and i quote from previous edits of the page "I Want You In My A$$" <re f name="Your Mama "/>" and "Don't Touch Me There!"<re f name="Edward S.Hands "/>... which is just ridiculous. That is why there has been a lot of edits recently - because people are being immature and adding unreliable or stupid information. Hope that clears things up for you. :) marksayer - TALK - 00:04, 15 July 2012 (UTC)
By the way, I personally think we should allow information from Twitter. It is a reliable source if it is from the verified artist themselves. However this doesn't mean we should vandalise Wikipedia pages with irrelevant information - which again is happening a lot on the "Kesha's second album" page. marksayer - TALK - 00:04, 15 July 2012 (UTC)
I would like to add why some of the recorded tracks have been taken off Under Recorded Tracks there should be two sections: Confirmed tracks:
- "TBA" (feat. Iggy Pop)
- "Dirty Love"
- "You Control My Heart (feat. Wayne Coyne)
The collaboration with Iggy Pop was confirmed that it would definitely be on the album - therefore should be under confirmed tracks
And Possible tracks:
- "Make You Mine" (feat. Wayne Coyne)
- "Pretty Lady" (feat. Lady Lloyd and Detox)
- "Futuristic Sex Toys" (feat. The Flaming Lips)
- "TBA" (feat. Sia)
- "Woo Hoo"
Pretty Lady WAS recorded for this album - therefore should be under the recorded tracks section - it may not be confirmed but it is still possible that the track might make the album - same with Futuristic Sex Toys and Make You Mine.... and even Woo Hoo!
To finish, I would like to ask the person who deleted this information from the article to re-add it because it is important and it isn't "rumour" - that's the point of having confirmed and possible tracks — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 08:04, 15 July 2012 (UTC)
There simply isn't any point of adding it if it's unsourced. You might as well just wait. Wikipedia should contain factual information at every possibility. How are we to know that these possible tracks were recorded for this album? If you source them correctly, with reliable sources then feel free to continue. (I still believe Twitter is reliable). :) marksayer - TALK - 14:46, 15 July 2012 (UTC)
There hasnt been much mention of the albums music genre. Kesha at first said that the focus of this albums sound would be cock rock. She then said it would be partially cock rock. She created a song that she called an "epic cock rock" song.
She later came out with some news that in the early summer she would release 4/4 on the floor cock pop tunes. There is a rumor in fact that her label wanted her to put out an pop record. So while it will not be a cock rock record, it will be a cock pop record. Other rumors include industrial-electro fusion, acoustic pop, and nu-disco. She will fully depart from the electro-pop she did before is the bottom line. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 18:42, 16 July 2012 (UTC)
- We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, reviews will be out that will state what the genre is. Given the leaked songs an snippets, I would say she's aiming for an electronic rock sound, but there's also elements of rock and roll, dubstep, complextro, dance-pop, electro house, and house music from the producers and songs themselves. Although all the songs may not have the same sound as thosd leaked, in the end critics decide the genres, not us.--(CA)Giacobbe (talk) 21:25, 23 July 2012 (UTC)
- Agreed. — Preceding unsigned comment added by MatthewMcCoyTheOne (talk • contribs) 17:53, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
Why would you even consider deleting this page? Just because no new information is coming out? The page has been semi-locked and no vandalism has been happening, so can't use that as a reason. She keeps stating that she is working on the album (especially recording and album artwork) throughout her Twitter account, so it can't be because there 'is no album'. You just have to have patience. You'll definitely hear news by at least the middle or end of August. Do not delete this page. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 19:13, 6 August 2012 (UTC)
As she revealed via twitter and instagram, they have been working on album artwork. She jokingly posted a picture of cats around a sunset, which was a HUGE hint. Everyone has been fussing over if the albums name is Spandex On the Distant Horizon, and i believe her picture was hinting towards confirmation. I ask that you add the title to Spandex On the Distant Horizon, and here is the picture clue http://instagram.com/p/NXHH06u1bF/ .
Hints are not facts and this surely shouldn't be added. Nothing about the album has been posted for about a month. A picture of cats around a sunset doesn't truly hint at Spandex On the Distant Horizon. If it were spandex, then sure. Plus the picture was released on July 21... that's a while ago. She surely would've said something more about it. My guess is that the album will be released at the end of this year or the beginning of 2013. Do not add anything unless it has been confirmed, or at the very least, if you must, include that these are rumors. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 03:13, 29 August 2012 (UTC)
The album is due on december 4th. Ke$ha tweeted it / facebooked it. I guess both are not reliable sources if it's not already on here, i just wanted to know how it has to be confirmed for it to be written here. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 13:54, 19 September 2012 (UTC)
The deluxe artwork should be added as well, whether it's another colour or not it's still and alternative cover and i don't think it should've been removed. marksayer - TALK - 21:35, 19 September 2012 (UTC)
why no page about Die Young?
- Not sure. It was deleted and locked, so we can't recreate it despite there being an innumerable amount of reliable sources on it and it having charted in Belgium already. --Thevampireashlee (talk) 04:46, 1 October 2012 (UTC)
Will I Am and Ben Folds?
Will I Am is producing Crazy Kids and he co write it too! Why isn't he mentioned? and Ben Folds said he contributed to production of the song "Past Lives" as well. Proof is here http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/wayne-coyne-ke-ha-join-ben-folds-five-in-nashville-20120918 and https://twitter.com/JaredEng/status/250006099338600448 2605:1300:63F4:B582:D69A:20FF:FE74:5FDA (talk) 23:04, 1 October 2012 (UTC)
Calvin Harris? Or Not?
Calvin was never confirmed to have worked on Supernatural, so take it out of the page until you source it please. Gygfb2 (talk) 21:43, 14 October 2012 (UTC) Gygfb2 Gygfb2 (talk) 21:42, 14 October 2012 (UTC)
Where are the official track times coming from and why has there been a non-stop edit war regarding them for the past two weeks? If someone can please provide a source, we can hopefully put a permanent end to this lameness. --Thevampireashlee (talk) 18:24, 1 November 2012 (UTC)
Edit war involving promotional single
Recently, an edit war has developed regarding a supposed promotional single called C'Mon. The inclusion of the text is not sourced whatsoever, except by what appears to be either a fan blog or a primary source. As far as the information on the Deconstructed (Kesha EP) release, I reworded the poorly written sentence and turned the bare URL into a full citation. Why is this being continually reverted, with no reliable sources whatsoever being added? This is basically vandalism. I don't understand. It's not as if mentioning the promo single is crucial to the article, especially if no reliable sources can be procured. In fact, the reliability of the one propping up the "acoustic" EP is questionable. That could almost be removed too, unless better sources can be used. Also, the section headers should not be capitalized unless the words are proper nouns, titles of published works, or the first word of a sentence -- to match the consistency and manual of style. --Thevampireashlee (talk) 00:01, 19 November 2012 (UTC)
- Just wondering, does anybody have good sources on the promotional singles coming on 11/23 and 11/30? Since today is 11/23, a promotional single would have been released on iTunes and YouTube but has not. It would have been released at 12:00 AM 11/23 or sometime during the day but hasn't. Go find a reliable source and confirm the release of two promotional singles or I will promptly remove it. Thank you. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 21:31, 23 November 2012 (UTC)
- I removed the information that was added -- again. Another editor re-added the information, after numerous reverts and attempts to gain reliable sources from the people adding the information. It seems that this "new" account was created just to added this information without sources. Don't want to get ahead of myself though. --Thevampireashlee (talk) 21:34, 24 November 2012 (UTC)
Did a quick Yahoo!.com search and could not find even one reliable source on Deconstructed (EP). It definitely exists, but it has not charted, received any rewards, and virtually zero critical commentary from reliable sources. I do not feel that it meets WP:NSONG and should be merged into Warrior (Kesha album), since all the songs are remixes of songs that appear on that album, save one, which is a cover version anyway. --Thevampireashlee (talk) 22:43, 1 December 2012 (UTC)
- this is crazy... this EP should move out of the topic... Warrior (Kesha album) is about this album not side EPs and things like this... so please don't merge them... just put it in a different topic or remove it from here.18.104.22.168 (talk) 18:57, 4 December 2012 (UTC)
Spiritual Journey(?) and being taken seriously
I'd like to address to things I noticed on this page.
- the first paragraph mentions this writing taking place around the time of a "Spiritual Journey" (which, thank God, was hyperlinked). What exactly was the nature of this alleged "spiritual journey"- is there any sourcing on this? My gut feeling is that Kesha took a bunch of Mushrooms camping in South Africa and I'm not sure this is very important. If we decided it was important to mention every single hallucinogenic drug experience a musician or artist had, the editing would take forever. Hypothetically, I suppose this alleged "spiritual" experience could be included, but a source would make it much more legitimate and not sound like a shallow attempt at legitimizing the content of the album as being somehow "deep".
- and this is meerly a suggestion- the people editing and commenting on this page may want to reflect a little bit on how they present their arguments, to ensure that they are actually taken seriously. Starting a sentence off with "hey" or "What's up" indicates to the rest of us that you don't have a very good idea of how to present your thoughts seriously in a forum that is at the very least meant to be "semi-formal". This isn't your blog or your FB page or a text. Your not doing a demo to be on Perez Hilton's radio show. Just pretend your back in high shcool (ok, some of you don't have to pretend) and your writing a formal paper for a grade. I'm sure some people will take offense at this, but its true. People draw conclusions of your intelligence based on your writing. Those conclusions can help you or hurt you. Tominrochester (talk) 16:18, 10 January 2013 (UTC)tominrochesterTominrochester (talk) 16:18, 10 January 2013 (UTC)
New Sales Info - March 2013
Hi! On ukmix, a website where I find album sales info, they have a confirmed amount of 235,000 sales for the album in the US as of the Billboard chart week March 16, 2013. It also has US C'mon single sales at 547,000 and Die Young single sales at 2,461,000. I was wondering if anyone could add this info to the page. Thanks! — Preceding unsigned comment added by Singingjacob (talk • contribs) 16:03, 11 March 2013 (UTC)
Quick typo edit please?
I'm currently working on cutting out all the misuses of "elude", where "allude" is correct. Because this article is semi-locked I cannot make the edit myself. The Typo occurs in the section titled "Title and concept" in the penultimate sentence. The sentence reads "On September 18, 2012, via her Twitter and Instagram accounts, Kesha began announcing letters, believed to be from the title of the album, eluding to the name of the album title; "Warrior"." Please could someone either correct "eluding to the..." to "alluding to the", or allow me to make the necessary change. AnthonyW90 (talk) 22:39, 18 March 2013 (UTC)
- Already fixed. --Stryn (talk) 07:52, 19 March 2013 (UTC)
Could someone please add the Swiss Album Charts? http://swisscharts.com/showitem.asp?interpret=Ke%24ha&titel=Warrior&cat=a Noble Monrose (talk) 08:35, 17 April 2013 (UTC)