Talk:William L. Walsh/GA1
- Is it reasonably well written?
- Is it factually accurate and verifiable?
- Is it broad in its coverage?
- A. Major aspects:
- B. Focused:
- Is it neutral?
- Fair representation without bias:
- Is it stable?
- No edit wars, etc:
- Does it contain images to illustrate the topic?
- Pass or Fail:
Thank you to the editor(s) for contributing this article to Wikipedia. It's good to see pieces on Canadian historic figures. There are several points to raise before this piece will meet GA standards.
1. Please do a thorough copy-edit for readability and grammar. The overuse of commas and other stylistic devices makes the article difficult to read and somewhat confusing in places.
2. Please ensure the citations are consistently formatted throughout. Typically in the notes section the format would be Lastname (year), p. XX. Also please move all cited book references into the reference section.
3. The initial part of the Political Career section is a bit underdeveloped. Please expand to create a full and detailed paragraph here.
4. Use n-dash throughout for date ranges. When writing dates anywhere except the end of a sentence, be sure to follow the year with a comma (i.e. "On July 22, 2004, the...")
The article overall looks good. In addition to the above comments I would suggest the following:
1. Keep the narration chronology from beginning to end. For example, his marriage and family could be a separate segment. Incorporate his personal life into the article rather then have a separate section title "Personal life". Have his WWI career as a separate segment. Cmguy777 (talk) 19:26, 31 July 2011 (UTC)
2. Maybe more could be on why he was considered a hanging judge. Why was he so in favor of capital punishment? What was his reputation as judge to fellow Canadians? Cmguy777 (talk) 19:26, 31 July 2011 (UTC)
Have any improvements been made to the article? Suggestions have been made. I believe that the appropriate main editors or editor to the William L. Walsharticle, if available, needs to make the needed improvements that have been suggested. Cmguy777 (talk) 18:29, 3 August 2011 (UTC)