I'm going by early translations... So this is just a temporay name until some Japanese verison like with the Shichibukai comes out. Angel Emfrbl 10:14, 25 October 2006 (UTC)
- Okay I haven't put a lot of info yet, since the full translations aren't out. We really need more info. Angel Emfrbl 10:21, 25 October 2006 (UTC)
I merged the "Known" and "Unknown" sections, since the latter wasn't really needed. Lancaster D Mistletoe 20:24, 19 January 2007 (UTC)
I wish to point out, in case this should be brought up in the future, that the 4 Emperors aren't necessarily united with one another. The proof is in the Goresei meeting during the Jaya arc. In there, it is mentioned by them that if Shanks and Whitebeard were to ally themselves with one another, the allegiance would be a threat to the world. This somewhat clearly suggests that Shanks, Whitebeard, and anyone who is on their level aren't united with each other. It's sort of like the feudal landlords during medieval times. This is just a speculation but it's better than the speculation of them being one big pirate alliance.
I also wish to point out, that the term "4 Emperors" seems to be more of a nickname for this group of pirates the common masses of the OP world call them, like Straw-hat or Red Hair, rather than an organization name like Cipher Pol, World Government, or more appropriately the Schibukai.
My first language is not english, so please bear with me, I might be wrong, but in the first paragraph, is "faught" right? I thought it was "fought" I might be wrong. And "e's", it doesn't look like a word to me? I don't know how to change it, but I thought to point it out would help. Sorry if I'm wasting time ^^
- It should have been 'he is' or 'his'. No biggy, its easy to change. Your editing isn't that bad that was the only real first hand noticable error. But I can't really talk since my gramma and spelling isn't usually much snuff either. :P Angel Emfrbl 18:58, 3 November 2006 (UTC)
Why use Yonkou?
Why not translate it like every other organization name besides the Shichibukai? Is there a reason or is it just because "it sounds cooler" or something like that? Nemu 00:43, 23 November 2006 (UTC)
- Its not always possible to translate some Japanese text fully... And as with the Shichibukai, often we use the Japanese verison because of complications caused by various translations... It other words it just makes life so much easier if we don't translate some of these names. Also some of the names... Baroque Works... Thats already translated for us in the series... But this isn't exactly. Its common translation though is '4 Emperors'. Angel Emfrbl 08:14, 23 November 2006 (UTC)
- Not yet. If there was, it would be on the page. Someone has asked something simulair to this before. Whats on the page is what we know about them - which right now is next to nothing. Angel Emfrbl 08:20, 24 February 2007 (UTC)
The recent chapter mentioned Kaidoh in the New World. (one who defeated Moria) There is a toss-up he is either a Yonkou or just one of the super strong pirates out there. Would someone put something up here or is it too early? -StrangerAtaru 16:00, 16 May 2007 (UTC)
- NO! This is speculation! Leave it off. You can put it on the Minor characters as a named person but not here as a possible member. Angel Emfrbl 18:29, 16 May 2007 (UTC)
- Now enough! This may be a discussion page but wikipedia isn't a forum and therefore you can't go down these paths. I know other pages like Naruto occusionally do it, but their breaking wikipedia rules and all so lets avoid it. He is a revolutionary leader and seriously, thats all there is to say. We can't write any more then this on anyone. Why is everyone looking to add things that don't need to be added? Angel Emfrbl 01:05, 13 November 2007 (UTC)
- And on another note; If you know its going to be frowned upon, why ask? Angel Emfrbl 01:06, 13 November 2007 (UTC)
Isn't 4 Yonkou Redundant as Yonkou already has the word 4 inside, it's like saying the 4 4 emperors. Leonoel 01:40, 16 August 2007 (UTC)
- Some edits are not worth mentioning on the discussion page though. Namely very minor ones, but I get the jest of what you are on about.
- It started out as "About the Yonkou". Angel Emfrbl 07:05, 16 August 2007 (UTC)