|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (September 2010)|
Tamara Lackey is a professional photographer, speaker, author and program host from Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Her lifestyle photography, from children’s portraits to celebrity portraits, is praised within her industry and published internationally. Tamara’s work has been featured in a myriad of media outlets, including Vogue, O – The Oprah Magazine, Town & Country, Parenting Magazine, Food & Wine, The Knot Men's Journal,; in trade outlets; and on national television programs including NBC’s The Martha Stewart Show and ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.
Tamara is a Nikon USA Ambassador, speaking on behalf of Nikon at conventions and programs, and she was recently the subject of a five-part web series on photographing children and family portraits, entitled Nikon Behind The Scenes. She also photographs commercial campaigns for the brand, as well.
Tamara is the recipient of the 2015 WPPI/Rangefinder Humanitarian Award, awarded on behalf of her charitable contributions and as the passionate co-founder of a non-profit in support of children waiting for families, working to improve the lives of orphaned children. She was also presented with the 2014 WPPI Adorama Inspire Award, awarded to artists who "inspire not just through their creative work but their life".
In 2008, Lackey released her first educational book for professionals, The Art of Children’s Portrait Photography, which got favorable reviews, and praise from a writer at shootsmarter.com and aspiring photographers. It went on to be re-published and translated into seven languages. Shortly thereafter, Lackey teamed with Rex Ballard to produce Inside Contemporary Children's Photography, a 90-minute video released in January 2010.
In 2010 Lackey also worked with Kubota Image Tools to develop a "Kubota Artist Series Style Book & DVD Tutorial", The Tamara Lackey Style Book, to instruct viewers on improving their own portrait and children’s photography using "Kubota Actions" (proprietary Photoshop plugins).
Lackey once again paired with Rex Ballard to develop a guide to help “everyday photographers” capture more from their life moments. Tamara Lackey's Capturing Life Through (Better) Photography teaches simple tips and tricks to transform point-and-shoot images into little works of art. It includes a 100-page book and 90-minute full-feature DVD sold individually or as a bundle with included quick reference guide. Tamara Lackey's Capturing Life Through (Better) Photography won the Booklist Editors’ Choice Award in Media in 2011.
Lackey has also presented internationally  at industry workshops and events, which include delivering presentations on the Google stage, serving as a keynote speaker at the National Association of Professional Child Photographers’ Retreat and participating as a panel judge for the Wedding & Portrait Photographers International (WPPI) International Print Competition.
- "Credits". Photography.
- "Nikon Ambassador Tamara Lackey | Lifestyle portrait photographer Tamara Lackey from Nikon". www.nikonusa.com. Retrieved 2015-06-23.
- WPPI Online 2015 Blog Accessed 22 June 2015
- Lackey's Nikon Ambassador Biography  Accessed 22 June 2015
- Auey Santos, review, San Francisco Book Review, 15 December 2009. Accessed 17 November 2010.
- Nick Coury, in a piece reproduced here in Lackey's website. Accessed 17 November 2010.
- Scott Bourne, "A Mini Review of Tamara Lackey’s Contemporary Children’s Photography Instructional DVD", photofocus.com, 18 May 2010. Accessed 17 November 2010.
- "Kubota Artist Style Tutorial & eBook with Tamara Lackey - Kubota Image Tools". Kubota Image Tools. Retrieved 2015-06-23.
- "Capturing Life Through (Better) Photography". Capturing Life Better. Retrieved 2015-06-23.
- "American Library Association". Booklist Editors' Choice: Media. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
- "Imaging USA 2010". speaking engagements.
- Tanya Alexis, "NAPCP retreat 2010: A full recap", National Association of Profession Child Photographers, 7 July 2010. Accessed 17 November 2010.
- "Tamara Lackey Biography". tamaralackey.com. Retrieved 2015-06-23.
- "Tamara Lackey - Online Class Instructor | CreativeLive - Learn. Be Inspired.". CreativeLive. Retrieved 2015-06-23.
- Tamara Lackey
- Technorati Interview, Tamara Lackey Talks Photographing the Famous
- Interview, Posing Images: Family Fun Fair 2011
- Kubota Click Interview, Meet Photography Dynamo and Classy Superstar, Tamara Lackey!
- CreativeLive Interview
- The Photography Parlour Interview
- The Dedicated Photographer Interview
- Go4ProPhotos Interview
- Interview by Crash Taylor