From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tanis was the capital of the 21st and 22nd dynasties of ancient Egypt, and is now an archaeological temple site.
Tanis may also mean :
Places and jurisdictions
- Tanis (see), a former bishopric with see in the above Egyptian city, now a Latin catholic titular see
- Tanis, Manche, a commune of the Manche département, in France
- Tanis, Wiltshire, a small village on the outskirts of Rowde in Wiltshire
- Tanis Half-Elven, a character in the Dragonlance novels
- Tanis Diena, from Latvian mythology
- Tanis Ester, from the Jewish Fast of Esther
- Tanis, a character in an early episode of Star Trek: Voyager
- Tanis, an Earth-like planet in the 2009 movie Pandorum
- Tanis, a little girl mummy in Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Tanis.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.