|First release||Tap Tap Revenge
July 11, 2008
|Latest release||Tap Tap Revenge Tour
July 12, 2012
Tap Tap or Tap Tap Revenge was a series of rhythm games by Tapulous available for the iOS of which several versions, both purchasable and free, have been produced. The goal of the game is to tap each of the colored balls when they reach a line at the bottom of the screen. If the ball is hit on the beat, the player gains points, but if not, it counts as a miss. If a player taps the screen without a tapper on the beat, the streak will go back to 0 and a few points will be lost except for 16x. There were also "shakes", which required the player to move the iPhone, iPod touch or iPad to the right, left, or backwards. The apps where pulled from the app store and had their servers shut down in February 2014.
There were 23 games in the Tap Tap series of games, 18 which are artist-specific.
Tap Tap Revenge
Tap Tap Revenge 2
On March 3, 2009, Tap Tap Revenge 2 was released. Tap Tap Revenge became the most-downloaded free application on the App Store only three days after its release, and reached half a million downloads over that period.
Nine Inch Nails Revenge
In October 2008, Tapulous announced that they were working on a premium Nine Inch Nails-branded version of Tap Tap Revenge, including a special Nine Inch Nails skin and 16 songs from the band's albums Ghosts I–IV and The Slip, some of which would be specially edited for the game.
Lady Gaga Revenge
Lady Gaga Revenge featured 14 tracks by Lady Gaga including 4 remixes of her songs. It was launched on June 9, 2009. In an interview with USA Today, Gaga mentioned, "my record label might kill me for saying this, but you are essentially purchasing my album for $4.99 and you are also getting a game. So you are getting way more bang for your buck."
- D., Luis (January 10, 2014). "Tapulous' Tap Tap series officially becomes iOS gaming history". Phone Arena.com. Retrieved April 28, 2014.
- TechCrunch Preview: Tap Tap Revenge 2 Has Landed
- "'Tap Tap Revenge 2' Already Top iPhone App, 500,000 Downloads (AAPL)".
- Cohen, Peter (October 1, 2008). "Nine Inch Nails version of Tap Tap Revenge game coming". Macworld. Retrieved 2008-10-05.
- Snider, Mike (2009-06-11). "Not quite like a virgin: Lady Gaga feels the fame". USA Today. Retrieved 2009-06-11.