Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)
A Tatamibari puzzle is played on a rectangular grid with three different kinds of symbols in it: +, -. and |. The solver must partition the grid into rectangular or square regions according to the following rules:
- Every partition must contain exactly one symbol in it.
- A + symbol must be contained in a square.
- A | symbol must be contained in a rectangle with a greater height than width.
- A - symbol must be contained in a rectangle with a greater width than height.
- Four pieces may never share the same corner.