|Series||Winston Cup Series|
|Car numbers||53 (1991)
|Race drivers||John Paul, Jr.
Bobby Hillin, Jr.
|Debut||1991 Miller Genuine Draft 500 (Pocono)|
|Latest race||1992 Mello Yello 500 (Charlotte)|
Team Ireland was a stock car racing team that competed in the NASCAR Winston Cup Series between 1991 and 1992. Owned by Irishman Martin Birrane, the team posted a best finish of thirteenth with driver Bobby Hillin, Jr.
Winston Cup Series
Car No. 31 history
Team Ireland made its debut in the 1991 NASCAR Winston Cup Series season, competing in four races with the No. 53 Chevrolet; the team intended to field IndyCar star John Paul, Jr. in its cars, but after Paul proved to have a hard time adjusting to the heavy NASCAR cars, he was replaced after two races by Bobby Hillin, Jr., who joined the team for a planned 15-race schedule in 1992. Changing to the No. 31 and using cars and engines supplied by Richard Childress Racing, the team competed in ten races during the 1992 NASCAR Winston Cup Series season, posting a best finish of 13th in the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway, before being forced to close due to a lack of sponsorship; the team was unable to pay a fine levied by NASCAR for the use of illegal cylinder heads in the Mello Yello 500 in October, and team owner Birrane chose to leave the sport.
- Stout, Harold (May 3, 1992). "Aiming High". The Tuscaloosa News. Tuscaloosa, AL. p. C1. Retrieved 2013-09-12.
- "Martin Birrane (owner) - NASCAR Sprint Cup Results". Racing-Reference. USA Today Sports Media Group. Retrieved 2013-09-12.
- Fry, Darrell (February 11, 1993). "A speedway phenom gets second chance". St. Petersburg Times. St. Petersburg, FL. p. 1C. Retrieved 2013-09-12.
- Howell, Mark D. (1997). From Moonshine to Madison Avenue: A Cultural History of the NASCAR Winston Cup Series. Bowling Green, OH: Bowling Green State University Popular Press. p. 26. ISBN 0-87972-739-X.
- Zeller, Bob (October 23, 1993). "Kyle Petty notches fourth straight pole spot at Rockingham". Greensboro News & Record. Greensboro, NC. p. C5. Retrieved 2013-09-12.
- Team Ireland owner statistics at Racing-Reference