|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2007)|
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
Together Everybody Achieves More (TEAM) Unity was the political multi-party electoral alliance of the administration-backed senatorial line-up for the 2007 Philippine Midterm Elections. TEAM Unity is composed mostly of supporters and erstwhile critics of current Philippine president, Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo. Team Unity sought to take several Senate seats in order to protect President Arroyo from impeachment attempts by the political opposition after the midterm elections.
During the Lakas-CMD National Convention last April 12, President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo devised an acronym for the 12 senatorial candidates of TEAM Unity which is: "MaS PARA SA KiDZ Mo" (in English, More for your kids.) Ma stands for Magsaysay, S stands for Singson, P stands for Pichay, A stands for Angara, R stands for Recto, A stands for Aquino-Oreta, S stands for Sotto, A stands for Arroyo, Ki stands for Kiram, D stands for Defensor, Z stands for Zubiri, and Mo stands for Montano. It is highlighted by TEAM UNITY's slogan and main program for every Filipino: "Our priority agenda is to work for the future of our children." Their 2nd slogan is "Tulong Tulong sa Pagsulong" (in English, Working together for progress). The opposing party, Genuine Opposition, used the slogan: PLAN CO REVOLT (in English, My plan is to revolt) as a demonstrative threat to the Arroyo government.
Mainstream party members
- Kabalikat ng Malayang Pilipino (KAMPI)
- Nationalist People's Coalition (NPC-Teodoro wing)
- Liberal Party (LP-Atienza wing)
- Laban ng Demokratikong Pilipino (LDP)
- Partido Demokratiko Sosyalista ng Pilipinas (PDSP)
TEAM Unity Senatorial slate
|Edgardo "Ed" J. Angara||LDP||Senator from Aurora and the former President of the Senate (1993–1995)|
|Teresa "Tessie" "TAO" Aquino-Oreta||NPC||Former senator (1998-2004) and former Representative of Malabon City–Navotas (1987-1998)|
|Joker P. Arroyo||Lakas-CMD||Senator and former Representative from Makati City (1992-2001). He is also the former prosecutor of the impeachment trial of Pres. Joseph Estrada.|
|Michael "Mike" T. Defensor||Lakas-CMD||Former Presidential Chief of Staff (2006-2007), Former Representative from Quezon City (1995-1998), and Environment and Natural Resources Secretary. He is also the son of the incumbent Quezon City Representative Matias Defensor, Jr. (2004–present) and the nephew of the incumbent Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago (2004-2010).|
|Jamalul D. Kiram III||PDSP||Sultan of Sulu (1986-present)|
|Vicente "Vic" P. Magsaysay||Lakas-CMD||Governor of Zambales (1967–1978; 1980–1986; 1998–2007)|
|Cesar "Buboy" Montano||Lakas-CMD||Television and movie personality or actor and UNESCO Commissioner|
|Prospero Pichay, Jr.||Lakas-CMD||Representative from Surigao del Sur (1998-2007)|
|Ralph "KoRecto" G. Recto||Lakas-CMD||Senator, and former Representative from Batangas (1992-2001). He is the 2nd husband of the actress Vilma Santos-Recto and the stepfather of the actor Luis "Lucky" Manzano.|
|Luis "Chavit" C. Singson||Lakas-CMD||Governor of Ilocos Sur (1971–1972; 1980–1986; 1992–2001; 2004–2007)|
|Vicente "Tito" Sotto III||NPC||Former senator and the elder brother of the TV and movie actor, Vic Sotto. He is also the former Vice Mayor of Quezon City from 1986 to 1992.|
|Juan Miguel "Migz" F. Zubiri||Lakas-CMD||Representative from Bukidnon (1998-2007) and the son of the incumbent Bukidnon Governor Jose Maria R. Zubiri (2001-present).|
- Reli German - Campaign Manager
- Tourism Secretary Joseph Ace Durano - Spokesperson
- Tonypet Albano - Deputy Spokesperson
- Ben Evardone - Media Director
The jingle was originated from the song We Will Rock You for their early promotional campaign.
2 out of 12 candidates won the possible 12 seats in the Senate namely: (in order of votes received)
- Edgardo Angara
- Joker Arroyo
Juan Miguel Zubiri resign in his position as senator to give way to assume seat to Aquilino Pimentel III.
- Koalisyon ng Katapatan at Karanasan sa Kinabukasan (K-4), the name of the pro-Arroyo coalition in the 2004 elections.
- People Power Coalition, the name of pro-Arroyo coalition in the 2001 midterm elections.
- Lakas NUCD 1998 Senatorial Slate, the Ramos' administration's senatorial slate during the 1998 national elections
- Lakas-Laban Coalition, the name of the pro-Ramos coalition in the 1995 midterm elections.
- Genuine Opposition, TEAM Unity's rival coalition in the 2007 elections.
- Team PNoy
- Leyte governor Jericho Petilla filed his candidacy on February 12, 2007 but signified interest in withdrawing in the Senate race after his mother, Remedios decided not to run as governor of Leyte. Cesar Montano, a TV/movie actor, was chosen to replace Petilla according to spokesperson Ace Durano.
- Cesar Montano in, Leyte Gov. Petilla out of Arroyo coalition February 16, 2007