Turn the Tide on Plastic
Team Vestas Wind in 2015.
|Class||Volvo Ocean 65|
|Designer(s)||Farr Yacht Design|
2017-2018 Volvo Ocean Race
The crew was:
- Dee Caffari (skipper)
- Nico Lunven
- Martin Strömberg
- Liz Wardley
- Annalise Murphy
- Francesca Clapcich
- Bianca Cook
- Lucas Chapman
- Bleddyn Mon
- Bernardo Freitas
- Henry Bomby
- Frederico Melo
- Elodie Mettraux
2014-2015 Volvo Ocean Race
It was the 7th boat to announce it is participation to the race on September 1st 2014 following a press release from Alicante, Spain.
The crew was:
- Chris Nicholson, Australia. Skipper. 5th Volvo Ocean Race.
- Nicolai Sehested, Denmark. Boat captain.
- Peter Wibroe, Denmark.
- Tony Rae, New Zealand. 5th Volvo Ocean Race
- Simeon Tienpont, Netherlands, crew member.
- Tom Addis, Australia, Navigator.
- Robert Salthouse, New Zealand, 4th Volvo Ocean Race
- Tom Johnson, Australia, number 1, Coxswain.
- Wouter Verbraak, Netherlands. Navigation. 3rd Volvo Ocean Race
- Maciel Cicchetti, Argentina. Coxswain. 2nd Volvo Ocean Race.
- Brian Carlin, Ireland. Reporter.
On November 30th 2014, during a night navigation, the yacht grounded on a coral atoll of St. Brandon. This happened 10 days after leaving Cape Town, on the way to Abu Dhabi. The yacht was damaged and repaired the race for the last 2 legs. The grounding was because the atoll was not visible on the low scale chart. The crew was rescued by the Mauritius coast guard the next morning. The cause of the grounding was a combination of human error and the features of the navigation software. The software did not show the atoll on the route planning display at low or medium zoom levels, while the atoll would have been shown in the navigation chart display at those zoom levels. The crew on watch did not notice there was a wrong chart display on. 
- Communication, Azimut (2014-09-01). "Volvo Ocean Race Lorient - Expérience et jeunesse : Team Vestas Wind dévoile son équipage". www.volvooceanracelorient.com. LORIENT GRAND LARGE. Retrieved 2016-12-05.
- "Grounded". Volvo Ocean Race official website. Retrieved 30 November 2014.
- "Grounded". Volvo Ocean Race official website. Retrieved 7 February 2017.