|Class||Volvo Ocean 65|
|Designer(s)||Farr Yacht Design|
The crew was:
- Dee Caffari (skipper)
- Nico Lunven
- Martin Strömberg
- Liz Wardley
- Annalise Murphy
- Francesca Clapcich
- Bianca Cook
- Lucas Chapman
- Bleddyn Mon
- Bernardo Freitas
- Henry Bomby
- Frederico Melo
- Elodie Mettraux
As Team Vestas Wind, this was the 7th boat to announce it is participation to the race on September 1, 2014, following a press release from Alicante, Spain.
The yacht finished last overall as she only completed 3 of the 9 legs in the race due to the grounding incident.
The crew was:
- Chris Nicholson, Australia. Skipper. 5th Volvo Ocean Race.
- Nicolai Sehested, Denmark. Boat captain.
- Peter Wibroe, Denmark.
- Tony Rae, New Zealand. 5th Volvo Ocean Race
- Simeon Tienpont, Netherlands, crew member.
- Tom Addis, Australia, Navigator.
- Robert Salthouse, New Zealand, 4th Volvo Ocean Race
- Tom Johnson, Australia, number 1, Coxswain.
- Wouter Verbraak, Netherlands. Navigation. 3rd Volvo Ocean Race
- Maciel Cicchetti, Argentina. Coxswain. 2nd Volvo Ocean Race.
- Brian Carlin, Ireland. Reporter.
On November 30, 2014, during a night navigation, the yacht grounded on a coral atoll of St. Brandon. This happened 10 days after leaving Cape Town, on the way to Abu Dhabi. The yacht was damaged and repaired the race for the last 2 legs. The grounding was because the atoll was not visible on the low scale chart. The crew was rescued by the Mauritius coast guard the next morning. The cause of the grounding was a combination of human error and the features of the navigation software. The software did not show the atoll on the route planning display at low or medium zoom levels, while the atoll would have been shown in the navigation chart display at those zoom levels. The crew on watch did not notice there was a wrong chart display on.
After the grounding the yacht was salvaged and repaired and managed to compete in the final legs 8 and 9 with a new navigator crew.
- "Refit begins | Volvo Ocean Race". www.volvooceanrace.com. Archived from the original on 2016-10-08.
- "NZ OCEAN RACING (Sailing Vessel) Registered in Cayman is - Vessel details, Current position and Voyage information - IMO 0, MMSI 319081500, Call Sign ZGEW6".
- "Updated - Leg 1 crew lists - Volvo Ocean Race 2017-18". www.volvooceanrace.com. Archived from the original on 2017-10-23.
- "Leg 2 crew lists - veteran faces return - Volvo Ocean Race 2017-18". www.volvooceanrace.com. Archived from the original on 2017-11-04.
- "Leg 3 Crew Lists - Volvo Ocean Race 2017-18". www.volvooceanrace.com. Archived from the original on 2017-12-12.
- Communication, Azimut (2014-09-01). "Volvo Ocean Race Lorient - Expérience et jeunesse : Team Vestas Wind dévoile son équipage". www.volvooceanracelorient.com. LORIENT GRAND LARGE. Retrieved 2016-12-05.
- "Team Vestas Wind | Volvo Ocean Race 2014-2015". www.volvooceanrace.com. Archived from the original on 2014-08-19.
- "Grounded". Volvo Ocean Race official website. Archived from the original on 5 December 2014. Retrieved 30 November 2014.
- "Grounded". Volvo Ocean Race official website. Archived from the original on 5 December 2014. Retrieved 7 February 2017.
- "Report into Team Vestas Wind grounding | Volvo Ocean Race 2014-2015". www.volvooceanrace.com. Archived from the original on 2015-07-21.