Technical Audit (TA) is an audit performed by an auditor, engineer or subject-matter expert evaluates deficiencies or areas of improvement in a process, system or proposal. Technical audit covers the technical aspects of the project implemented in the organization
Objectives of Technical Auditing
- The technical operations are being performed as per requirement.
- Sound framework of control is in place to sufficiently mitigate the potential risk.
- The procured technical equipment is technically suitable for the purpose.
- Authority and responsibility for operating activities are assigned properly.
- Information system is adequate to provide assurance of operating activities being performed properly.
Concentration of Technical Auditing
- Planning & Design
- Procurement or Purchase
- Impact of Project
Areas to be covered by Technical Audit
|Planning & Design||Procurement/Purchase||Implementation||Impact of Project|
Benefits of Technical Auditing
- Improvement in Internal Control systems to mitigate the potential risk.
- Improvement in the quality of service.
- Assurance of Revenue.
- Transparent and cost effective procurement of goods and services.
- Completion of project on time.
- Reduction of project cost and annual operating cost.
- Helps re-scheduling of project activities.
- Performance improvement of a system.
- Technical Audit