Ted Eisenberg D.O. is a Philadelphia, Pennsylvania based plastic surgeon who specializes in cosmetic breast surgery. He holds a Guinness World Record for the most breast augmentation surgeries performed in a lifetime (male)— 3460.
Eisenberg was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the son of Martin (a graphic artist) and Mollie (a housewife), and graduated from Overbrook High School (Philadelphia). He received a B.S. in pre-medicine from the Pennsylvania State University and graduated from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. He trained in General Surgery at Metropolitan Hospital and Plastic Surgery at Thomas Jefferson University, Albert Einstein Medical Center Northern Division and Hahnemann Hospital. He married Joyce Kirschner in 1973 and has a son, Benjamin, and a daughter, Samantha.
Much of Eisenberg's early work in the mid-1980s involved the use of tissue expansion for reconstructive surgery. He implanted tissue expanders for a total nasal reconstruction after cancer surgery; to repair a scalp that was scarred from shrapnel wounds incurred by a Marine during the Korean War; to build a breast for a young woman with Poland syndrome; to expand a contracted eye socket in order to provide a silicone foundation as require for an acrylic eye prosthesis. Eisenberg's research on Dupuytren's contracture is published in a French monograph. For over a decade, he served on a national committee that evaluates the standards for plastic surgery residencies. He was National Chairman of the Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Division of the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons and served on the certifying board of the American Osteopathic Board of Surgery 
Since 1999, Eisenberg has focused his practice solely on cosmetic breast surgery: augmentation mammoplasty, mastopexy (breast lift), correction of breast asymmetry, and breast reduction. He has contributed articles on the trade-off's between saline versus silicone breast implants, minimizing post-operative nausea and vomiting, and a novel use of the StratticeTM patch for breast implant exposure. An authority on simultaneous augmentation mastopexy, Eisenberg is the creator of the IDEAL Breast Lift, a technique to previsualize the extent of tissue to be removed to achieve symmetry and maximum lift. He teaches his technique to surgeons around the country. Eisenberg was named a Fellow in the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons and is an associate professor of surgery at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Awards and community contributions
In 1993, Dr. Eisenberg was nominated for the Knight Legion of Goodness Award by the Italian-American Press. In 2009, Dr. Eisenberg achieved a Guinness World Record for the most breast augmentation surgeries performed in a lifetime (male)— 3,460. With Joyce K. Eisenberg, he co-authored The Scoop on Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths, in 2012. Dr. Eisenberg is a corporate sponsor of the Linda Creed Breast Cancer Foundation, whose core program is to provide free mammograms for women with little or no medical insurance.
A tournament knife thrower, Eisenberg is a member of the International Knife Throwers Hall of Fame and is ranked 18th in the world. In 2009, he participated in his first tomahawk (axe) throwing competition, and he has been competing in national and international events ever since. He is also an amateur ballroom dancer; he and his wife competed in a pre-show event during a "Dancing With the Stars" tour.
- Taylor, Joel (March 13, 2011). "Record-breaking breast doctor enjoys knife-throwing in his spare time". Metro.co.uk (Associated Newspapers Limited). Retrieved January 12, 2012.
- "Most breast augmentation surgeries performed: Ted Eisenberg sets world record". Worldrecordacademy.com. March 7, 2011. Retrieved January 15, 2012.
- "Dr. Ted S. Eisenberg, DO". Health Grades, Inc. 2012. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- Detjen, Jim: "Skin Repair Is Expanding: Soft Tissue Expansion Is Giving Hope to Victims of Cancer, Burns, Accidents and Birth Defects." The Philadelphia Inquirer, June 1988.
- LR. Tubiana, J.T. Hueston, eds. "La Maladie de Dupuytren." Expansion Scientific Francaise, 1986: p. 210-213.
- ACOS News, Feb. 1994: Vol. 32 (4): p. 5.
- Physician's News Digest, May 1992, p. 19.
- Flam, Faye. "No End to the Quest for More Curves." Philadelphia Inquirer, Oct. 2005.
- Eisenberg, Ted S. “Silicone Gel Implants are Back: So What?” American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery March 2009: 26 (1): 5-7.
- Eisenberg, Ted S. “Breast Augmentation: Minimizing Post-Operative Nausea and Vomiting (PONV), Maximizing Patient Satisfaction” American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery Dec. 2008: 25 (4): 264-267.
- Eisenberg, Ted S. “Implant Exposure Through a Breast Augmentation Incision Repaired with Porcine Acellular Dermal Matrix (StratticeTM): A Technique to Ensure Graft Take” Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Aug. 2011: 35: (4): 681-683.
- Drew, Eliza. "Aesthetic Exchange: Surgeons Discuss Simultaneous Augmentation Mastopexy Versus Staged Approach.” “Cosmetic Surgery Times, April 1, 2012.
- Eisenberg, Ted S. "Ideal Breast Lift Augmentation Mastopexy for Moderately to Severely Ptotic Breasts: Previsualizing Breast Shape and Symmetry With an Innovative and Versatile Stapling Technique." American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery. Sept. 2009: 26 (3): 168-176.
- Eisenberg, Ted. S. "Simultaneous Augmentation Mastopexy: A Technique for Maximum En Bloc Skin Resection Using the Inverted-T Pattern Regardless of Implant Size, Asymmetry, or Ptosis." Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. April 2012: 36: (2): 349-354.
- Shiffman, Melvin A., and Alberto Di Giuseppe, eds. "Cosmetic Surgery: Art and Techniques." Springer, 2012: Chapter 39: 605-620.
- “Highly Deserving Citizens Nominated for the Knights Legion of Goodness.” Philadelphia Exclusive, Oct. 6, 1993.
- Marc Greece (12 June 2013). "Dr. Ted Eisenberg and Joyce K. Eisenberg about "The Scoop on Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths"" (audiovisual). A&E Author Interviews. YouTube. Retrieved 2 September 2013.
Dr. Eisenberg, who holds the Guinness World Record for most breast augmentations performed in a lifetime, candidly answers more than 200 actual patient questions [in his book] The Scoop on Breasts...
- "World Knife and Tomahawk Rankings". IKTHOF. International Knife Throwers Hall of Fame. Retrieved 2 September 2013.
IKTHOF World Expert Division Rankings in Knife Throwing... 18. Dr. Ted Eisenberg
- Carey, Art: "Nip & Duck: Surgeon's Cool Hobby Is Throwing Knives at Targets." The Philadelphia Inquirer, July 2009.
- Apgar, Blake: "Amateurs, pros let blades fly at knife-throwing contest in Las Vegas." Las Vegas Review-Journal, April 9, 2017.
- Croatto, Pet: "Knife-Throwing as a Sport: Who Would Have Thunk It?." The New York Times, Sept. 2017.