Template:Should be PNG
If the original image is available or can reconstructed, please upload a PNG version of the image. After doing so, replace all instances of this version (noted under the "File links" header), tag this version with
Please do not convert GIF/JPEG images directly to PNG! This will not improve its quality.
|If you plan to make breaking changes to this template, move it, or nominate it for deletion, please notify Twinkle's users and maintainers at Wikipedia talk:Twinkle as a courtesy, as this template is used in the standard installation of Twinkle. Thank you!|
This template should be inserted on raster images which are in wrong image formats and therefore have lost quality. For instance:
- Cartoon or screenshots of computer software in JPEG format that are plagued with compression artifacts
- Images in GIF format that have lost their color depth
- Items like logo and computer icons which have completely or partially lost their transparency and/or have a solid border
This template should not be used for:
- Images for which only a JPEG source is available and will not become significantly smaller as a result of a conversion
- Animated GIF images
- Vector images (SVG should be used in this case)
- Size reduction, which is possible through a direct conversion
This template automatically adds images to Category:Images which should be in PNG format.
|The above documentation is transcluded from Template:Should be PNG/doc. (edit | history)
Editors can experiment in this template's sandbox (create | mirror) and testcases (create) pages.
Please add categories to the /doc subpage. Subpages of this template.