This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Tennison Cooray |
|Born||Moratuwa, Sri Lankan|
|Education||Methodist High School, Moratuwa|
|Occupation||Actor, Screenplay Writer, Film Director ,Producer , (Justice of peace)|
|Years active||1986- present|
Tennison Cooray ( සිංහල:ටෙනිසන් කුරේ ), is a Sri Lankan film and stage actor, screenplay writer, and director. He is one of Sri Lanka's best-known comedians, along with Freddie Silva and Bandu Samarasinghe.
Tennison is known for the many stage dramas he has performed in throughout the country such as I'am Sri Lanka. He has also appeared in comedy films with Samarasinghe on numerous occasions, including Ræ Daniyel Dawal Migel 1 2,3, Pissu Puso, Kolompoor, Parliament jokes, and Somy boys. His first film as a director was Thank you Berty, which was released on 25 November 2011.
Cooray debuted in Sinhla cinema in Peralikarayo. He wrote the story and screenplay, as well as and acting in the film.. Cooray wrote the stories for Vijaya Kumaranatunga's Waradata Danduwam and Dinesh Priyasad's Kolompoor. He directed and acted in Thank You Berty.
|1987||Nommara Ekai||Koka Khan||film's scriptwriter|
|1987||Obatai Priye Adare||Anta||film's scriptwriter|
|Hondin Nathnam Narakin|
|Pem Raja Dahana||Guru's ally|
|Esala Sanda||Don Frank Peter Anderson|
|Honda Honda Sellam||Tenny|
|1991||Alibaba Saha Horu 40|
|Malsara Doni||A. Linganadan|
|1993||Come or Go Chicago||Harrah the Karrah|
|Vijay Saha Ajay|
|1996||Cheriyo Darling||Doctor Dunath Mala 'D. M'|
|1998||Re Daniel Dawal Migel 1||Migel|
|1999||Kolompoor||Thadawansa||plays seven different roles|
|2000||Re Daniel Dawal Migel 2||Migel|
|Jonsun and Gonsun||Jonson|
|2002||Parliament Jokes||P.K Amaris|
|Seethala Gini Kandu||Tamil policeman|
|2003||Aladinge Waldin||Aladdin 'Dean Martin'|
|Hitha Honda Pisso||Sunny|
|Vala In London||Valentine 'Vala' / Professor Surpentine|
|2004||Re Daniel Dawal Migel 3||008 / Migiel|
|Weda Beri Tarzan||Tarzan / Mesan||dual role|
|2008||Ai Oba Thaniwela|
|2010||Hadawatha Mal Yayai|
|Ape Yalu Punchi Boothaya||Jeevang Gurungnanse||guest appearance|
|Wada Bari Tarzan Mathisabayata||Tarzan|
|2011||Kiwwada Nahi Nokiwwada Nahi||Sanath Perera|
|Thank You Berty||Berty||Cooray's first directorial role|
|2012||Jeevithe Lassanai||Kalyana / Ku.Ku.La(Kude Kudu Laos)|
|2014||Supiri Andare||Andare / Galiver||Dual Role|
|Parapura||Dilanga's friend||Minor role|
|2015||Singa Machan Charlie||Charlie|
|2017||Kota Uda Express||Weere|
|2018||Yama Raja Siri||Martin|||
|TBD||Adda Lanuwa Damma Kodiya|
|TBD||Nathi Bari Tarzan|
|2015||Eya Thamai Meya||Roma||Second directorial role, Home Movie|
|TBD||Jaya Sri Amathithuma|
- "Tennyson Cooray". imdb. Retrieved 17 June 2016.
- "Actor Tennyson Cooray". National Film Corporation of Sri Lanka. Retrieved 17 June 2016.
- "Comedians of Sinhala Cinema". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 26 August 2017.
- "Golden Stars with the Golden Chimes". The Sunday Times (Sri Lanka).
- "22 years of MAF". The Sunday Times (Sri Lanka).
- "Tenny with I am Sri Lanka". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 17 November 2017.
- "Thank You Berty". SIRISARA film. Retrieved 17 June 2016.
- "A serious chat with Tennyson Cooray". Nation.lk. Retrieved 3 October 2016.
- "Director in many roles". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 24 June 2017.
- "Adda Lanuwa Damma Kodiya in post productions". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 24 June 2017.
- "No creepers al all". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- "Ugulai Magulai starts". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 30 July 2017.
- "The tale of Senaka - Ugulai Magulai". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 13 January 2018.
- "Tenny into direction again". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 30 July 2017.
- "The story of Walisinghe". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 16 June 2018.
|This Sri Lanka-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|