|Cover artist||Phil Falco|
|Series||Marty and Grace|
|Genre||Fantasy, Adventure, Science Fiction|
|Pages||319 pp (first edition, paperback)|
|Preceded by||Cryptid Hunters|
Tentacles is a 2009 young adult science fiction novel by Roland Smith and the sequel to Cryptid Hunters. It is one of 25 award-winning books by Smith. At Barnes & Noble, it has a sales rank of 18,005 and on the "Lexile" scale, it received a rating equal to "740L". It is reviewed by Barnes & Noble as a "must purchase" for libraries and schools. School Library Journal describes it as "a high-octane page-turner".
Tentacles begins as the protagonists from Cryptid Hunters board the Coelacanth, a presumably haunted ship, on a voyage led by Dr. Wolfe to capture a giant squid alive. During the voyage, there are Mokele-mbembe eggs (which Marty and Grace had found in the Congo in Cryptid Hunters) incubating in a laboratory restricted to most of the crew. Unbeknownst to Wolfe, Blackwood's thug, Butch is on board, please. on stealing the eggs and Grace for his boss. The book culminates in a showdown between Blackwood and Wolfe, ending in Ted Bronson, Wolfe's partner's, successful capture of a squid, though Blackwood, thinking Wolfe and the rest of the crew to be dead, escapes with the hatchlings, and Grace. Unbeknownst to Wolfe, Grace tricked Blackwood into taking her, with the dragonspy hidden on her, allowing her to be one step ahead of Blackwood.
- 2010 - Montana State University Kids on Campus
- 2010 - Donoho School Summer Reading List – Grade 8
- 2010 - Doral Academy Charter School Incoming Fourth/Fifth Grade Student’s Summer Reading List
- 2010 - Holy Name of Jesus Fifth Grade Summer Reading List
- 2010 - Jackson Middle School 7th Grade Language Arts/ Reading List
- 2010 - Nauset Regional Middle School Summer Reading
- 2010 - Pennington School Rising Sixth Grade Summer Reading List
- 2010 - Roanoke County Public Schools Accelerated Reader Quiz List
- "Roland Smith". Sleeping Bear Press - Authors & Illustrators. sleepingbearpress.com. Retrieved 14 June 2010.
- "Tentacles, Roland Smith". Barnes & Noble. search.barnesandnoble.com. Retrieved 14 June 2010.
- "Tentacles (Book, 2009)". WorldCat. worldcat.org. Retrieved 14 June 2010.
- "Tentacles (Cryptid Hunters, book 2) by Roland Smith". Fantastic fiction. fantasticfiction.co.uk. Retrieved 14 June 2010.
- "Lexile Ranking". Barnes & Noble. barnesandnoble.com. Retrieved 14 June 2010.
- Albright, Meagan. "Editorial Reviews". Barnes & Noble. search.barnesandnoble.com/Tentacles/Roland-Smith/e/9780545166881#editorialReviewsTab. Retrieved 14 June 2010.
- "Tentacles". www.buffalolib.org. Buffalo and Erie County Public Library. Retrieved 30 May 2016.
- "Kids on Campus - Reading List". Montana State University Billings. msubillings.edumsubillings.edu. Retrieved 15 June 2010.
- "Donoho School Summer Reading List – Grade 8" (PDF). Donoho School. donohoschool.com. Retrieved 15 June 2010.
- "Incoming Fourth/Fifth Grade Student's Summer Reading List" (PDF). Doral Academy Charter School. doralacademy.dadeschools.net. Retrieved 15 June 2010.
- "Holy Name of Jesus Fifth Grade Summer Reading List" (PDF). Holy Name of Jesus Catholic School. andyswebtools.com. Retrieved 15 June 2010.
- "7th Grade Language Arts Reading List". Jackson Middle School. jackson.k12.mo.us. Retrieved 15 June 2010.
- "Nauset Regional Middle School Summer Reading 2010" (PDF). Nauset Regional Middle School. nausetschools.org. Retrieved 15 June 2010.
- "Pennington School's 2010 Rising Sixth Grade Summer Reading List" (PDF). Pennington School. pennington.schoolfusion.us. Retrieved 15 June 2010.
- "Accelerated Reader Quiz List - Reading Practice". Roanoke County Public Schools. rcs.k12.va.us. Retrieved 15 June 2010.
- Chupacabra at Fantastic Fiction
- Mutation at Fantastic Fiction
- Will there be a sequel to Cryptid Hunters and Tentacles? rolandsmith.com/blog
- February 11, 2011. Chupacabra continues. rolandsmith.com/blog