Teri Shields with daughter, Brooke in 1981
Theresia Anna Lilian Maria Schmon
August 1, 1933
Newark, New Jersey, U.S.
|Died||October 31, 2012 (aged 79)|
|Occupation||Actress, film producer, socialite|
|Spouse(s)||Francis Alexander Shields (m. 1964–1966)|
Life and career
Shields was born and raised in Newark, New Jersey. She was the daughter of Theresa (née Dollinger) (1905-1998), a house cleaner, and John Schmon (1904-1983), a chemist. She was of German, English, Scotch-Irish, and Welsh ancestry. In 1964, she married Francis Alexander Shields. The couple's only child, Brooke (born 1965) became a well-known actress. Several months later, they filed for divorce.
- 1979 – Wanda Nevada, actress
- 1981 – Endless Love, actress
- 1983 – Sahara, producer
- 1990 – Backstreet Dreams, actress
- "5". Who Do You Think You Are?. Season 1. Episode 5. 2010-04-02. NBC.
- http://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/0705/blog_tv_tvwatch.html[permanent dead link]
- Brooke Shields profile at Biography.com
- Closing credits of movie titles
- Alex Tresniowski, "Brooke Shields My Mother Has Dementia," People, June 1, 2009, retrieved September 21, 2010
- Teri Shields Dies at 79; Mother and Manager