|Dr. Terry Leas|
Big Bend Community College
|Preceded by||William Bonaudi|
|Alma mater||Florida State University
Valdosta State College
Dr. Terrence Leas is an American academic and the current (seventh) president of Big Bend Community College. Leas was educated at Florida State University and Valdosta State College, now Valdosta State University. In 2012, Leas became the president of Big Bend Community College. Prior to this position, he served as president of Riverland Community College from 2003-12, a dean at Yakima Valley Community College from 1990-2003.
A member of the Education Law Association since 1989, Dr. Leas has served on its board and as its President in 2000. He earned the Dissertation of the Year award in 1990 and received the M.A. McGhehey award in 2010.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Science Education from Florida State University (1972).
- Master's degree Educational Administration from Valdosta State College (1981).
- Doctorate in Higher Education Administration from Florida State University (1989).
- News Release (June 13, 2012): Terrence Leas is new BBCC president
- News Release (May 21, 2003): Terrence Leas chosen as president of Riverland Community College Archived December 16, 2010, at WebCite