Terry Golway is a Kean University professor, historian, author, and a journalist, having served as a columnist and editorial board member for The New York Times and a long-time editor and writer at The New York Observer.
Golway teaches United States history and the history of Sports in the United States at Kean University and is the curator of the university's John T. Kean Center for American History. In 2010 Golway discovered a historic early census count predating the creation of the United States at Liberty Hall National Historic Landmark at Kean. He is the author of several books on American and Irish history. Golway's book on John F. Kennedy, JFK: Day by Day, was made into an iPad app to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Kennedy's inauguration.
Golway is an occasional op-ed columnist for The New York Times, where he was once a member of the editorial board. Previously, he spent two decades at The New York Observer. He served as a political reporter, city editor and columnist for the pink paper, for which he still writes the periodic piece.
- JFK: Day by Day: A Chronicle of the 1,036 Days of John F. Kennedy's Presidency
- Washington's General: Nathanael Greene and the Triumph of the American Revolution
- Give 'Em Hell: The Tumultuous Years of Harry Truman's Presidency, in His Own Words
- Ronald Reagan's America: His Voice, His Dreams, and His Vision of Tomorrow
- So Others Might Live: A History of New York's Bravest
- Together We Cannot Fail: FDR and the American Presidency in Years of Crisis
- Irish Rebel: John Devoy and America's Fight for Ireland's Freedom
- Full of Grace: An Oral Biography of John Cardinal O'Connor
- For the Cause of Liberty: A Thousand Years of Ireland's Heroes
- Machine Made: Tammany Hall and the Creation of Modern American Politics
- "NJVoices: Terry Golway: About the Author". blog.NJ.com. Retrieved 19 September 2016.
- "Early Census Is Found in a New Jersey University's Files". The New York Times. 19 May 2010. Retrieved 19 September 2016.
- Golway, Terry (5 March 2001). "For the Cause of Liberty: A Thousand Years of Ireland's Heroes". Simon & Schuster. Retrieved 19 September 2016 – via Amazon.com.
- Bosman, Julie. "Eras Collide: Kennedy on iPad". mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com. Retrieved 19 September 2016.