|Born||December 4, 1965|
New York City
|Service/||United States Army|
|Years of service||1988–1997, 2001–2017|
|Unit||82nd Airborne Division|
|Battles/wars||Persian Gulf War|
Operation Joint Endeavor
Operation Iraqi Freedom
Global War on Terror
|Awards||Combat Infantryman Badge|
Special Forces Tab
Freefall Parachutist Badge
Special Operations Diver Badge
Army Commendation Medal
Army Achievement Medal
Army Good Conduct Medal
Minnesota Medal for Merit
Army Reserve Good Conduct Medal
Armed Forces Reserve Medal (Bronze Hourglass device)
NCO Professional Development Ribbon
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Army Service Ribbon
Kuwait Liberation Medal (Kuwait)
|Other work||TV Host, Martial Artist, Actor|
Terry Schappert is a United States Army National Guard Special Forces veteran and martial artist who is a periodic commentator on FOX News, who hosted the 2009 show Warriors on the History Channel. He left active duty before 9/11, but continues to serve in the Army National Guard. He has deployed three times since as a Guardsman. He has also had minor acting roles. He hosted a special during the Discovery Channel's Shark Week where he demonstrated ways in which to survive a shark attack. He also makes occasional guest appearances on The Greg Gutfeld Show and previously made appearances on Red Eye w/ Greg Gutfeld. He appeared on the cast of Dude, You're Screwed on the Discovery Channel.
In February 2017 Schappert appeared on television in the United Kingdom where he starred in an episode of the BBC television show Special Forces: Ultimate Hell Week. During the episode Schappert directs the civilian contestants through a number of Green Beret inspired training exercises within a 48 hour period in South Africa.
In 2016 Terry became the host of Hollywood Weapons Fact or Fiction. A show dedicated to testing scenes from TV shows and movies where a weapon is used in a way that seems unbelievable. Terry and his co-host Larry Zanoff, a Hollywood prop master and armourer, put these scenes to the test. The show originated on The OUTDOOR Channel and now has moved to Netflix.
At UNCW, Schappert borrowed military books about the Vietnam War from his friend who was a ROTC cadet. After seeing a picture of a MACV-SOG soldier, Schappert became interested in becoming a Green Beret.
A few months after he graduated from UNCW, Schappert enlisted in the United States Army in 1988. He was assigned to the 82nd Airborne Division right after basic training. With his degree, he was selected to enter Officer Candidate School, however Schappert rejected the offer as he was more interested in ground forces. While assigned to a recon squad, he completed Ranger School. After serving in the Persian Gulf War, Schappert moved on to his ultimate challenge; becoming a Green Beret.
After 9/11, Schappert re-enlisted as Special Forces Combat Medic in the National Guard 19th Special Forces Group. He served in Operation Iraqi Freedom and the War on Terror before he retired in 2017.
- "SNAPS". www.terryschappert.com.
- Steven Ekerovich, "Terry Schappert...An 'American Warrior'," GuestofaGuest.com (Mar 19, 2009)
- Terry Schappert. IMDb
- The Discovery Channel
- Terry Schappert: Discovery Channel. discovery.com
- "Special Forces: Ultimate Hell Week" Green Berets - USA (TV Episode 2017), retrieved February 13, 2017
- "Special Forces - Ultimate Hell Week - Terry Schappert - BBC Two". BBC. Retrieved February 13, 2017.
- "Special Forces - Ultimate Hell Week, Series 2: 3. Green Berets - USA". BBC iPlayer. Retrieved February 13, 2017.
- Nicholas A. Ziegler, "A True Warrior and a True Gentleman", The Record of Sigma Alpha Epsilon
- The Spec Ops Channel (January 5, 2015), Inside The Team Room: Green Berets - Episode 2: Joining the Green Berets
- "BIO". www.terryschappert.com.
- "On 'Hollywood Weapons,' Terry Schappert puts action stunts to the ultimate test". Fox News. April 3, 2017.
- "Members Only Ep. 2: Terry Schappert talks re-creating famous shots from action movies on his new show 'Hollywood Weapons' | SOFREP Radio". SOFREP. Retrieved July 29, 2017.
- "Dude, You're Screwed Bio: Meet Terry Schappert". Discovery. December 2, 2013.
- Meet the Host at the History Channel