This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Tervela Inc. is a privately held technology company based in Boston, Massachusetts and New York, New York. The company is backed by Goldman Sachs, Sigma Partners, Acartha Technology Group, and North Hill Ventures. Tervela was founded by Barry Thompson and Kul Singh.
Tervela was founded in 2004, at the beginning of a massive transformation in the way businesses built and operated high-performance distributed applications.Tervela's Data Fabric consists of both hardware appliances and software (virtual) appliances that overlay on top of existing data center infrastructure and cloud services. The company introduced the first hardware accelerated messaging switch in 2007 prior to this hardware accelerated message switching was done primarily on XML data. In 2009 the company introduced several products that allowed scalable middleware to deliver messages incrementally scalable well into the millions of messages per second. In 2011 Tervela introduced a set of virtual appliances compatible with the hardware accelerated appliances.
As the growth of cloud services and content collaboration platforms in particular began to accelerate, in 2015 Tervela launched Cloud FastPath, a SaaS for migrating organizations user data into content collaboration platforms from on-premises file servers, SharePoint, ECM systems, as well as between content collaboration systems. Between 2015 and 2017, Tervela announced partnerships with Box, Dropbox, Google, Microsoft, Egnyte, and other platform providers.
Cloud FastPath is an on-premises-to-cloud and cloud-to-cloud migration solution focused on unstructured content. It integrates with many cloud service providers, file sync and share services, and other hosting and on premises technologies.
Analytics Cloud FastPath Analytics helps migration operators identify problematic files before migration, segment content based on its source profile, and understand how content will map into the new platform.
Content Mapping Cloud FastPath Content Mapping capabilities allow users to translate user and group permissions, roles, metadata, and ownership between dissimilar platforms. In addition, users are able to remap content and apply custom metadata.
Transfer Automation Cloud FastPath includes a number of transfer performance enhancements as well as syncing, scheduling, project management tools, and bandwidth scheduling for migration operators to simplify and expedite the content migration process.
Tervela provides both hardware and software appliances. Hardware and software appliances are compatible with the APIs which consist of C, C++, C# JAVA and JMS. Downloads of the software (virtual appliances are available on the company website). Capacity of the data fabric can be increased by adding additional appliances. Information about messaging can be found in Enterprise Integration Patterns 
Message Switch The TMX-500 Message Switch is the primary gateway appliance that applications use to communicate across the message fabric.
Persistence Engine The TPE-500 is a storage engine that is embedded in the data fabric and optimized for message persistence and retrieval.
Provisioning and Management The Tervela TPM-500 Provisioning & Management System is the unified, comprehensive administrative platform for Tervela's Data Fabric.
Client API The Tervela Client API is the interface to Tervela's Data Fabric and the vehicle by which your applications sends data to and receives data from other applications on the fabric.
- "Global Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing (EFSS) Market Size Expected to Grow from $3.35 Billion in 2018 to $10.94 Billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 26.7% - ResearchAndMarkets.com". AP NEWS. 2018-05-08. Retrieved 2019-02-01.
- Tervela. "Tervela Becomes Box Elite Partner to Help Customers Standardize on Leading Collaboration Platform". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2019-02-01.
- Tervela. "Tervela Joins the Dropbox Premier Partner Program to Accelerate Migration of Files to Dropbox". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2019-02-01.
- Tervela. "Tervela Makes Migrating Data into the Cloud Easier, Faster and Secure for Google Cloud Platform and Google Apps Customers". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2019-02-01.
- Tervela. "Tervela Accelerates Adoption of Microsoft Office 365 and Azure with Cloud FastPath". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2019-02-01.
- "Market Guide for Cloud Office Migration Tools". www.gartner.com. Retrieved 2019-02-01.
- "Vendor Landscape: File Analytics". www.forrester.com. Retrieved 2019-02-01.
- Hohpe, Gregor; Woolf, Bobby (January 2004). Hohpe, Gregor; Woolf, Bobby (eds.). Enterprise Integration Patterns: Designing, Building, and Deploying Messaging Solutions. Forewords by John Crupi and Martin Fowler; Contributions by Kyle Brown, Conrad F. D'Cruz, Martin Fowler, Sean Neville, Michael J Rettig, and Jonathan Simon. Addison-Wesley Professional. ISBN 978-0-321-20068-6. Retrieved May 10, 2014.