Tetsuya Ichimura (一村 哲也 Ichimura Tetsuya, born 1930) is a Japanese photographer noted for his photographs of nudes.
Ichimura was born, with the family name Hamaguchi, in Nagasaki on 10 June 1930. As a young adult Ichimura moved to Tokyo, where he studied for a year at Nihon University, took various jobs, and chanced to meet Shōtarō Akiyama, who aroused his interest in photography. Ichimura won a special award at the First International Subjectivism Photo Exhibition (国際主観主義写真展 Kokusai Shukanshugi Shashinten), held at Takashimaya in Nihonbashi, Tokyo, in 1956. He quickly moved to nude photography, and had his first solo exhibition, "Love & Lost", in Fuji Photo Salon in 1963. He also participated in exhibitions overseas: "New Japanese Photography" in New York (7 Works owned by MoMA) in 1974 and an exhibition of eight Japanese photographers in Graz in 1976. From the late 1970s Ichimura branched out to photographs of Japanese iconography and landscape, particularly that of his native Nagasaki.
Books by Ichimura
- Konna sei no hanashi mo aru (こんな性の話もある). Tokyo: Besutoserāzu, 1970. Text by Daihachi Izumi, photographs by Ichimura.
- Seidan to nūdo no fūkei (聖談とヌードの風景). Tokyo: Besutoserāzu, 1970.
- Kyōki no utage Salome (狂気のうたげSalome). Tokyo: Jitsugyō no Nihon sha, 1970.
- Come Up. Tokyo: Shashinhyōronsha, 1971.
- Onna to otoko: Imayō shunga (女と男：今様春画). Gendai Shashinka Shirīzu. Tokyo: Ado angen, 1972. With Yoshihiro Tatsuki and Tenmei Kanō.
- Shashin no shisō (写真の思想). Tokyo: Bijutsu Shuppansha, 1978.
- Nihon no kokoro (日本のこころ) / Impressions of Japan. Tokyo: Canon Club, 1978.
- Onna soshite daraku... (女そして堕落…). Tokyo: Besutoserāzu, 1983. ISBN 4-584-17024-X.
- Nagasaki (長崎). Tokyo: Asahi Shinbunsha, 1988. ISBN 4-02-255918-7.
- (さくら花) / Sakura Blossom. Tokyo: Nippon Camera-sha, 1992.
- Body: Mega・sexual photo. Tokyo: Hanashi no Tokushū, 1994. ISBN 4-8264-0137-X.
- Ichimura Tetsuya feromon sakuhinshū: "Shunga" erotic picture do H (一村哲也フェロモン作品集："Shunga" erotic picture do H). Tokyo: Wanimagajinsha, 1995. ISBN 4-89829-234-8.
- Tsuyu: Neo-waisetsu shashinshū (露：Neo猥褻写真集). Tokyo: Hokuō Shobō / Japan Mix, 1997. ISBN 4-88321-342-0.
Other books with photographs by Ichimura
- (in Japanese) Nihon nūdo meisakushū (日本ヌード名作集, Japanese nudes). Camera Mainichi bessatsu. Tokyo: Mainichi Shinbunsha, 1982. Pp. 228–33 show Ichimura's work.
- Szarkowski, John, and Shōji Yamagishi. New Japanese Photography. New York: Museum of Modern Art, 1974. ISBN 0-87070-503-2 (hard), ISBN 0-87070-503-2 (paper). Includes six pages of photographs by Ichimura.
- Martin Marix Evans, ed., 1995 Contemporary Photographers, 3rd ed. (St. James Press).
- His name in kanji was or is 浜口 隆 (Kasahara, "Ichimura Tetsuya"). The likeliest readings of the character 隆 are Takashi and Ryū. Kasahara does not explain when or how Hamaguchi became Ichimura.
- (in Japanese) Kasahara Michiko (笠原美智子). Nihon shashinka jiten (日本写真家事典 / 328 Outstanding Japanese Photographers. Kyoto: Tankōsha, 2000. ISBN 4-473-01750-8. P. 43.
|This article about a Japanese photographer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|