Tey Por Yee
Tey Por Yee, Dato'
2 February 1976
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
|Occupation||Venture Capitalist, Founder of Nexgram Group|
He is the CEO and founder of Nexgram Group, a conglomerate and investment company in businesses including telecom, property and information technology industries with presence in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and China.
Tey earned a Bachelor of Commerce degree, majoring in Business Administration and Finance from University of Manitoba. Tey invested in various startup companies in North America and Canada, before returning to Malaysia where he joined a corporate advisory company.
Larry joined business advisory firm Global Capital Limited, in 2008 to focus on investment and merger and acquisition dealings in emerging markets, especially Asia Pacific with special interest in technology, infrastructure and energy companies.
In 2015 Dato' Larry Tey Por Yee joined Gomif Partners, a niche investment network focus on incubating social business startups. Gomif Partners focus on investment in sustainable humanity business ventures, including artificial intelligence, robotics and internet Software as a Service (SaaS) business models.
Dato' Tey Por Yee founded Nexgram Group in 1999. Under his leadership, the company developed businesses that include telecommunication, property development, information technology, infrastructure and manufacturing services. The company also owns and operates one of the largest surveillance and security company in Malaysia known as Sensorlink.
- In 2013 Focus Malaysia Journal, listed him in the ’40 CEOs under 40’ list.
- "Nexgram Group Profile - Wall Street Journal". Wall Street Journal. 12 May 2014. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- "Malaysia's Resume - Dato Larry Tey".
- "Gomif Partners Accelerator 2017".
- "Nexgram Group Businesses". Official Website.
- "Asdion may buy TAZ Logistics". The Star Newspaper.
- "Tey Por Yee ups stake in Ire-Tex". Focus Malaysia Press.
- "Wintoni - Changes in Director Interest".
- "Focus Malaysia 40 under 40". Focus Malaysia Press.
- Tey Por Yee Shareholder of Nexgram (The Wall Street Journal)
- Tey makes waves in small-cap companies
- Tey Por Yee ups stake in Ire-Tex
- Winsun Technologies to have new CEO soon?
- A moment of money: 40 CEO in Malaysia
- Asdion Bhd Announces Ownership Interest Of Tey Por Yee
- Gamuda Bhd Announces Ownership Interest Of Tey Por Yee
- Nexgram, Angkasa bangunkan hartanah
- Angkasa to take up two Nexgram property projects for RM1.44b
- Nexgram Land eyes RM293m net profit via projects
|This business-related biographical article from Malaysia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|