The Actors Workshop
|Headquarters||North Hollywood, California|
Orange County, California
|Products||Training of Film/Television Actors|
The Actors Workshop is one of southern California's oldest film acting programs and is generally associated with the Sanford Meisner and Charles Conrad techniques. The company was established by its parent company, Shannon & Company.
Founded by Film/TV actor R.J. Adams in 1980, The Actors Workshop has been training aspiring and professional young film/television actors in both Los Angeles and Orange County, California. Throughout the years a number of well-known industry directors and casting directors from Universal Television, Warner Brothers, Columbia Pictures, Lorimar TV, NBC, CBS and ABC have been affiliated with the workshop and continue to make bi-monthly guest appearances on a monthly basis. The school has bolstered the career of many well-known actors who have appeared in dozens of starring and co-starring Film/Television roles. R.J. Adams' son Rob Adams now owns and runs The Actors Workshop and has been coaching young actors for twenty nine years. Rob Adams is credited with coaching such stars as Sarah Lancaster, Warren G, Wayne Bastrup, Annet Mahendru and Tiffany. Today The Actors Workshop is currently ranked as the number 3 Best acting school in California.
In early 1990, the workshop added a Television studio. The studio is used for training, filming auditions, demo reels and overall growth of the students. Through the years, Television and film directors such as Dennis Steinmetz, Richard Compton, Ron Stephenson, Corey Allen and Michael O'Herlihy make regular appearances at the school. Casting directors from major television stations CBS, NBC and production companies Lorimar, 20th century looked for prospects at weekly showcases.
- Brian Krause
- Kristy Swanson
- Sarah Lancaster
- Vicellous Reon Shannon
- Annet Mahendru
- Quinton Jackson
- Wayne Bastrup
- Hank Stone
- Schae Harrison
- Christopher Knight
- Eric Norris
- Warren G
- Sugar Lyn Beard
- David Farkas
- Orange County Register, "Actor's Workshop spots hot prospects", November 19, 1991
- Gary Lycan (2011-07-31). "R.J. Adams left Bob Shannon behind". Orange County Register.
- "The Cold, Cold Reading". Drama-Logue. April 16–22, 1990. Archived from the original on 2010-09-19. Retrieved 2010-09-21.
- "10 Best Acting Schools In California". Mademan Madel. October 1–31, 2010.[permanent dead link]
- Orange County Register South County News section, "Laguna Hills drama group is a class act", September 15, 1991, by Marnie McLoed
- Backstage West, March 21, 2002 Article: "L.A. Acting Coaches", Page 7
- Kristy Chu (2011-01-19). ""What if..." starring Kristy Swanson". The Orange County Register. Archived from the original on 2011-01-23. Retrieved 2011-01-22.