The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition
|Discipline||Nutrition and dietetics|
|Journal of Clinical Nutrition|
|ISO 4||Am. J. Clin. Nutr.|
[[Category:Articles with outdated impact factors from 2019]]
The journal was established in 1952 as the Journal of Clinical Nutrition, edited by S.O. Waife and published by the Nutrition Press. It was continued in series under the present title from 1954 and was published by the American Society for Clinical Nutrition (ASCN). It is now published by the American Society for Nutrition. The journal's editor-in-chief is Christopher P Duggan(Harvard Medical School)
A poll conducted in 2009 by the Biomedical and Life Sciences Division of the Special Libraries Association identified the journal as among the "100 most influential journals ... over the last 100 years" in the fields of biology and medicine. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2019 impact factor of 6.766.
Conflicts of interest
Marion Nestle voiced concerns in November 2013 about conflict of interest by the AJCN board. Nestle stated that of the twelve-member editorial board "the majority — 7 of the 12 — list major corporate affiliations. The list of food companies for which they consult or advise [...] includes Coca-Cola, PepsiCo, The Sugar Association, The National Restaurant Association, ConAgra, McDonald’s, Kellogg, Mars, and many others."
The journal publicly lists the conflicts of interest of its editorial board on its website.
- "The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition | Oxford Academic". OUP Academic. Retrieved December 6, 2020.
- "About". Oxford Academic. Retrieved December 6, 2020.
- "Publications". American Society for Nutrition. Retrieved December 6, 2020.
- "Highly Cited Articles from the ASN Journals". Oxford Academic. Retrieved December 6, 2020.
- "Editorial Board". Oxford Academic. Retrieved December 6, 2020.
- "About the Journal". Archived from the original on March 8, 2020. Retrieved March 23, 2020.
- Issue 1, front matter
- Catalog entry at the National Library of Medicine.
- "Top 100 Journals in Biology and Medicine". SLA Biomedical and Life Sciences Division. April 2009. Archived from the original on April 15, 2012. Retrieved June 18, 2009.
- "Meet the Editors". Oxford Academic. Retrieved December 6, 2020.
- Nestle, Marion (June 23, 2015). "Conflicts of interest in nutrition societies: American Society of Nutrition". Marion Nestle. Retrieved November 20, 2013.
- Nestle, Marion (June 23, 2015). "The food industry's undue influence on the American Society for Nutrition". Marion Nestle. Retrieved October 4, 2015.
- Simon, Michele (September 2015). "Nutrition Scientists on the Take from Big Food" (PDF). EatDrink Politics. Retrieved September 28, 2015.
- "Editorial Board | the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition | Oxford Academic".