The Ant Farm
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||December 2, 1996Los Angeles, California, United Statesin|
Los Angeles, California, United States
Founded in 1996 by Barbara Glazer and Michael Greenfeld, the agency became well known for its work on motion picture trailers and commercials. It was sold to DDB in 2002, and Glazer and Greenfeld left in 2007.
Ant Farm has multiple divisions: Theatrical, Games, Broadcast, Digital, Design, and Experiential. Ant Farm's theatrical arm is Industry Creative, which has created award-winning campaigns for the "Transformers" franchise and American Hustle.
On July 26, 2018, Ant Farm's parent company, Omnicom, announced that it would be closing Ant Farm due to a lack of profitability. The last day of operations is expected to be sometime in September of 2018.
In April 2014, the agency won seven Game Marketing Awards, including a Gold Award for "Best Showing at a Trade Event: E3 Experience" (Activision/Blizzard Entertainment). During 2013, Ant Farm won the Key Art Awards' "Grand Gold/Best of Show" in the Audio Visual/Teaser category for its campaign promoting, The Wolf of Wall Street. Ant Farm won a 2013 Silver Cannes Lions Award; was named the Game Marketing Awards "Agency of the Year" for 2013 and 2011 respectively. Ant Farm recently produced the trailer for Activision's "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare". The trailer has received more than 18 million views since its release on May 2, 2014.
- Jonathan Bing, "Big six hitching hopes to trailers.", Variety, July 9, 2003 – via HighBeam Research (subscription required).
- Gail Schiller, "Ant Farm founders burrow out", The Hollywood Reporter, September 18, 2007.
- Hayes, Patrick Hipes,Dade (2018-07-27). "Ant Farm, A Mainstay Of Hollywood Marketing, Is Shutting Its Doors". Deadline. Retrieved 2018-08-07.
- Ant Farm website: http://www.antfarm.net
- Industry Creative website: *http://www.industrycreative.tv