The Arthur Askey Show
|The Arthur Askey Show|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of episodes||6|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original release||11 March – 15 April 1961|
- Arthur Askey – Arthur Pilbeam
- June Whitfield – Emily Pilbeam
- Arthur Mullard – Mr. Rossiter
- Patricia Hayes – Mrs. Rossiter
The Arthur Askey Show was set in 1910, and Arthur Pilbeam's wife, Emily, was considerably younger than he was. The next door neighbours are Mr. and Mrs. Rossiter. Amongst the guest stars to make appearances were Sam Kydd, who had appeared in Arthur's Treasured Volumes the year before, and Guy Middleton.
- "Episode One" (11 Mar 1961)
- "Episode Two" (18 Mar 1961)
- "Pilbeam, the Journalist" (25 Mar 1961)
- "Episode Four" (1 Apr 1961)
- "Episode Five" (8 Apr 1961)
- "Episode Six" (15 Apr 1961)
Six more episodes were made, but they were never transmitted. All twelve episodes still exist.
The Arthur Askey Show was also the name of a six-part ITV stand-up and sketch show featuring Arthur Askey that ran sporadically from 28 February 1959 to 3 September 1960. Three episodes lasted 55 minutes, and three lasted 60 minutes.
- Mark Lewisohn, "Radio Times Guide to TV Comedy", BBC Worldwide Ltd, 2003
- British TV Comedy Guide for The Arthur Askey Show