The Best Science Fiction Stories: 1954
|Author||edited by E. F. Bleiler and T. E. Dikty|
|Media type||Print (hardback)|
|Preceded by||The Best Science Fiction Stories: 1953|
The Best Science Fiction Stories: 1954 is a 1954 anthology of science fiction short stories edited by Everett F. Bleiler and T. E. Dikty. An abridged edition was published in the UK by Grayson in 1956 under the title The Best Science Fiction Stories: Fifth Series. The stories had originally appeared in 1953 in the magazines Avon Science Fiction and Fantasy Reader, Fantasy and Science Fiction, Amazing Stories, Fantastic, Astounding and Galaxy Science Fiction.
- Editors’ Preface, by Everett F. Bleiler & T. E. Dikty
- Icon of the Imagination, by Fritz Leiber
- "DP!", by Jack Vance
- "The Big Holiday", by Fritz Leiber
- "The Collectors", by G. Gordon Dewey & Max Dancey
- "One in Three Hundred", by J. T. McIntosh
- "Wonder Child", by Joseph Shallit
- "Crucifixus Etiam", by Walter M. Miller, Jr.
- "The Model of a Judge", by William Morrison
- "The Last Day", by Richard Matheson
- "Time Is the Traitor", by Alfred Bester
- "Lot", by Ward Moore
- "Yankee Exodus", by Ruth M. Goldsmith
- "What Thin Partitions", by Mark Clifton & Alex Apostolides
- "A Bad Day for Sales", by Fritz Leiber
- About the Authors
- Index, the Best Science-Fiction Stories: 1949-1954
- "The Reference Library," Astounding Science Fiction, March 1954, pp.156
- Contento, William G. "Index to Science Fiction Anthologies and Collections". Retrieved 2008-01-24.