The Book Tower
|The Book Tower|
|Created by||Ragdoll Productions|
|No. of seasons||11|
|Running time||24 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Yorkshire Television|
|Original network||ITV Network (CITV)|
|Original release||3 January 1979 – 30 May 1989|
Later presenters included Stephen Moore (1982–83), Alun Armstrong (1984), Neil Innes (1985), Roger McGough (1986) and Bernard Bresslaw (1987),. In 1988, each episode featured a different presenter, including Victoria Wood, Nick Wilton, Margi Clarke, Wincey Willis and Timmy Mallett.
The opening sequence of the original tv series showed images of Sudbury Hall in Derbyshire.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZxX_2r83EM. "The Book Tower: One whole episode".
- "TV pun writer Rick now in a class of his own". Europe Intelligence Wire. 2005-02-04. Retrieved 2008-08-09.
- "BFI Film & TV Database: The Book Tower". Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- "Book Tower". Timmy Mallett. Retrieved 2008-08-09.
- "The Book Tower 1979 - closing theme". Retrieved 2010-08-06.
British Television Children's Research Guide
|This article relating to United Kingdom television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|