|Origin||East Haven, Connecticut, USA|
|Genres||Jam band, rock, progressive rock, funk rock, stoner rock|
|Years active||1998 – present|
|Labels||Horizon Music Group|
|Members||Tim Palmieri (guitar, vocals)|
Adrian Tramontano (drums, vocals)
Chris DeAngelis (bass, vocals)
Jordan Giangreco (keyboards, vocals)
|Past members||Ron Spears (bass, vocals)|
Matt Oestreicher (keyboards, vocals)
The band was formed in 1998 in East Haven, Connecticut with the original lineup consisting of guitarist Tim Palmieri, bassist Ron Spears, drummer Adrian Tramontano, and keyboardist Jordan Giangreco. They decided on their first name, Psychedelic Breakfast, based on the suggestion of Tramontano's cousin. It is a reference to the Pink Floyd song "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast," from their album Atom Heart Mother. The original idea of the band's name was a play off of that song, "Adrian's Psychedelic Breakfast," after Tramontano; it was later shortened to just Psychedelic Breakfast.
The band began cutting its teeth by playing shows at a variety of local bars in the New Haven, Connecticut area during the early goings of 1999. That summer, they released their first album, Psychedelic Breakfast. Four songs from the album were featured on the MTV series, Undressed.As 1999 wore on and the world turned the page to the new millennium, Psychedelic Breakfast began to progressively start spreading throughout the Northeast.
In 2004, Psychedelic Breakfast won a Jammy Award for being the "New Groove of the Year." Shortly thereafter, the band decided to change its name to 'The Breakfast.' Around this time, Relix Magazine published an article about The Breakfast.
On June 17, 2006, The Breakfast performed its 1,000th show at Toad's Place in New Haven, Connecticut. Then on July 7, Giangreco played the final show of his first stint with the band at Beardslee Castle in Little Falls, New York. Palmieri, Spears, and Tramontano performed as a trio at Corner Pocket in Orange, Connecticut on July 8 and then forged ahead with that lineup, with Palmieri playing both keyboard and guitar.
- 1999: Psychedelic Breakfast — Independent
- 2001: Deuce — Sonance
- 2003: Bona Fide — Sonance
- 2005: Real Radio — Horizon Music Group
- 2006: Moxie Epoxy — Horizon Music Group
- 2008: Zone 1 — Horizon Music Group
- 2009: Live As Is — Independent
- 2018: Phantasmagoria — Horizon Music Group
- Jesse Jarnow. "Psychedelic Breakfast at Allmusic". Retrieved 2006-12-19.
- Lee Seelig. "Backstage Pass - What's In A Name?". Archived from the original on 2006-07-24. Retrieved 2006-12-23.
- AJ Keirans (February 28, 2004). "The Breakfast of Champions (Or What's In a Name?)". Retrieved 2006-12-22.
- "The Breakfast bio". Retrieved 2006-12-19.