|Plymouth Albion (2003- )|
The Brickfields is a sports stadium in Devonport, Plymouth, England. It is used as the home ground of Rugby Union team Plymouth Albion of the National League 1, who moved there in 2003, after leaving their old ground at Beacon Park. The complex had existed since 1915, serving as a recreation centre. The highest crowd was 6871, for a match against local rivals Exeter Chiefs in October 2008.
Following Albion's relegation to the National League 1 in 2015, the North stand of the rugby stadium which read "PARFC" in white seats, was demolished, and attendances dropped down to roughly 1,000 per match. Albion have two marquee tents next to the East and South stands that they hire out as a venue for receptions.
The Brickfields is also home to a gym complex, which is built into the back of the West stand and is run by Everyone Active, a nationwide company who also operate the nearby Plymouth Life Centre. Everyone Active also operate the rest of the recreation ground, that includes:
- An Artificial turf football/hockey pitch
- Three grass football pitches
- One grass rugby pitch
- Athletics facilities
- Pétanque facilities
- A generic sports hall
- An exercise studio
- "Cornish Pirates could move to Plymouth's Home Park". This is Plymouth. 2011-10-11. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- Club (2008-10-12). "Gareth Steenson steers Exeter home: Rugby Union". London: Telegraph. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "BBC SPORT | Rugby Union | Plymouth Albion 14-41 Exeter". BBC News. 2008-10-12. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "BBC SPORT | Rugby Union | Plymouth Albion 14-41 Exeter". The Plymouth Herald. 2017-01-28. Retrieved 2017-02-07.
- "The Brickfields are more than just a rugby venue". Plymouth Albion. Retrieved 2017-02-07.
- "Brickfields Sports Centre". Everyone Active. Retrieved 2017-02-07.
- "Brickfields Sports Centre and Recreation Ground". Plymouth City Council. Retrieved 2017-02-07.
|This rugby union article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an English sports venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|