The Checklist of Fantastic Literature
Dust-jacket from the first edition
|Author||edited by Everett F. Bleiler|
|Cover artist||Hannes Bok|
|Media type||Print (Hardback)|
The Checklist of Fantastic Literature is a bibliography of English science fiction, fantasy and weird books compiled and edited by Everett F. Bleiler with a preface by Melvin Korshak and a cover by Hannes Bok.
With a print run of 1,933 copies, it was the first book from Shasta Publishers. The bibliography is nearly complete and lists over 5,000 titles published prior to 1949. The books are listed by author and indexed by title. Willy Ley described it as "indispensable to librarians, book dealers, and especially antiquarians."
- 1948, US, Shasta Publishers OCLC 1113926, Pub date 1948, Hardback
- 1972, US, Fax Collectors Editions OCLC 991525, Pub date 1972, Hardback
- 1978, US, Firebell Books OCLC 4388945, Pub date 1978, Hardback, revised as The Checklist of Science Fiction and Supernatural Fiction
- "Book Review", Astounding Science Fiction, July 1949, p.142.
- Chalker, Jack L.; Mark Owings (1998). The Science-Fantasy Publishers: A Bibliographic History, 1923-1998. Westminster, MD and Baltimore: Mirage Press, Ltd. pp. 248, 261, 592.
- Clute, John; Peter Nicholls (1995). The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction. New York: St. Martin's Griffin. pp. 134–135. ISBN 0-312-13486-X.
- Eshbach, Lloyd Arthur (1983). Over My Shoulder: Reflections on a Science Fiction Era. Philadelphia: Oswald Train. pp. 225–249. OCLC 10489084.
- Tuck, Donald H. (1974). The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction and Fantasy. Chicago: Advent. pp. 50–51. ISBN 0-911682-20-1.