The Complete Book of Outer Space
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (May 2015)|
Dust-jacket from the first book publication
|Author||edited by Jeffrey Logan|
|Illustrator||Frank R. Paul et al.|
|Cover artist||Chesley Bonestell|
|Media type||Print (Hardback)|
The Complete Book of Outer Space is a 1953 collection of essays about space exploration edited by Jeffrey Logan. It first appeared as a magazine, published by Maco Magazine Corp. The first book publication was by Gnome Press in 1953 in an edition of 3,000 copies.
- Preface, by Kenneth MacLeish
- "A Preview of the Future: Introduction", by Jeffrey Logan
- "Development of the Space Ship", by Willy Ley
- "Station in Space", by Wernher von Braun
- "Space Medicine", by Heinz Haber
- "Space Suits", by Donald H. Menzel
- "The High Altitude Program", by Robert P. Haviland
- "History of the Rocket Engine", by James H. Wyld
- "Legal Aspects of Space Travel", by Oscar Schachter
- "Exploitation of the Moon", by Hugo Gernsback
- "Life Beyond the Earth", by Willy Ley
- "Interstellar Flight", by Leslie R. Shepard
- "The Spaceship in Science Fiction", by Jeffrey Logan
- "Plea for a Coordinated Space Program", by Wernher von Braun
- "The Flying Saucer Myth", by Jeffrey Logan
- "The Panel of Experts"
- "Chart of the Moon Voyage"
- "Chart of the Voyage to Mars"
- "Timetables and Weights"
- "A Space Travel Dictionary"
- Chalker, Jack L.; Mark Owings (1998). The Science-Fantasy Publishers: A Bibliographic History, 1923-1998. Westminster, MD and Baltimore: Mirage Press, Ltd. p. 299.
|This article about a book on outer space or spaceflight is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|