The Two Coreys
The Two Coreys (also known as The Coreys) were two actors, popular in the 1980s, Corey Feldman (born 1971) and Corey Haim (1971–2010). The two young actors appeared in many films together, most notably a number of successful teen-oriented films in the late 1980s. Feldman starred in Gremlins, The Goonies, and Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter while Haim starred in Silver Bullet and Lucas before the duo were paired for the first time in 1987's The Lost Boys.
Becoming a brand, The Two Coreys achieved mainstream fame and notoriety as teen idols, but each later experienced a public downfall due to drug use. Their career together ended when Haim died in March 2010.
The Two Coreys is a reality show originally aired on the A&E Network. The show begins with Haim, unemployed, single, and slovenly, moving in with Feldman, who has become a clean-living, responsible adult, and Feldman's wife, Susie Sprague (married by fellow celebrity star M.C. Hammer on a 2002 Surreal Life episode). The threesome mimics the style of the film You, Me & Dupree. Although they are credited as playing themselves, the actors play characters intended to represent their real personas. Haim and Feldman were producers on the program. The show was recorded near Vancouver, British Columbia, and its production was in part covered through Canadian grants.
RDF USA Vice President Greg Goldman said that as Feldman and Haim have been friends on and off screen for many years, the chemistry between the two "just pops off the screen." He explained, "Everyone feels like they know the Coreys." On Tom Green Live, Corey Feldman said the house they were staying in during the filming of The Two Coreys was a rental but they ended up staying there.
The show began shooting on December 4, 2006 and premiered on A&E on July 29, 2007. The show was canceled before finishing the second season. The final episode aired August 17, 2008.
- The Lost Boys (1987)
- License to Drive (1988)
- Dream a Little Dream (1989)
- Blown Away (1992)
- National Lampoon's Last Resort (1994)
- Dream a Little Dream 2 (1995)
- Busted (1996)
- Big Wolf on Campus (TV series) (Haim in 2000, Feldman in 2002) (cameo)
- Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star (2003) (cameo)
- Robot Chicken (2006) (Episode 2.2, "Federated Resources")
- The Two Coreys (TV series) (2007-2008)
- Lost Boys: The Tribe (2008)
- Montgomery, James (2010-03-10). "Corey Haim's Life Mirrored Pop Culture". MTV. Retrieved 2010-03-24.
- Strauss, Gary (2007-06-01). "Summer reality TV: Celeb retakes". USA Today. Retrieved 2010-05-25.
- "The Two Coreys" (2007)
- IMDb news article
- A&E Announces Four New 'Real-Life' Series & Two New Pilots - Starpulse Entertainment News Blog