|Look up corporation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A corporation is a company or group of people authorized to act as a single entity (legal person) and recognized as such in law. Commercial corporations can take many forms, including statutory corporations, corporations sole, joint-stock companies, cooperatives and others.
The term is also part of the expression municipal corporation used only in formal contexts to refer to local governing bodies, although these are not commercial entities.
Corporation may also refer to:
Education, establishments and organisations
- Harvard Corporation, AKA "the Corporation"
- Corporation (nightclub), nightclub in Sheffield, England
- The Corporation, Cardiff, public house in Wales
- "The Corporation", a press moniker for the Cuban-American criminal organization led by José Miguel Battle Sr.
- The Corporation (professional wrestling), late 1990s villainous stable in the World Wrestling Federation
- Yale Corporation, AKA "the Corporation"
- Corporation (TV series), 1975 Canadian television documentary series
- The Corporation (2003 film), 2003 Canadian documentary
- The Corporation (2012 film), Argentine film
- Corporation (comics), fictional organization in the Marvel Universe
- The Corporation, fictional mercenary organization in Clive Cussler's Oregon Files novels
- The Corporation (record production team), group of American songwriters and record producers in the 1960s Motown label
- The Corporation (American band), an American, psychedelic rock band, active in the 1960s
- The Corporation (English band), English, all-star, pop group who released a single in 1988
- "Corporation" (song), a song by Jack White
- City of London Corporation, the municipal governing body of the City of London in England
- Corporate (disambiguation)
- Corporation (feudal Europe), an aggregation of business interests into a single legal body
- Corporation Bank, former state-owned banking company, India
- Corporation Building, Sydney, Australia
- Corporation Park, Blackburn, England
- Corporation Street, Birmingham, England
- Corporatism, the economic system
- The Corp or Students of Georgetown, Inc., student-owned non-profit organization at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C.