The Cry Baby Killer
|The Cry Baby Killer|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Joe Addis|
|Produced by||Roger Corman
|Written by||Leo Gordon
|Music by||Gerald Fried|
|Edited by||Irene Morra|
|Distributed by||Allied Artists Pictures Corporation|
The Cry Baby Killer is a 1958 film noir crime film produced by Roger Corman. It marked Jack Nicholson's film debut. Until recently, the film was out of print and hard to find. In 2006, it was issued on DVD for the first time by Buena Vista Home Entertainment as part of their Roger Corman Classics series.
This article needs an improved plot summary. (December 2014)
Seventeen-year-old juvenile delinquent, Jimmy Wallace panics after he thinks he has committed manslaughter while fighting with a couple of teenage hoodlums. Wallace then takes several people hostage, one a small infant, and threatens them if they try to escape. All the while police have Wallace surrounded and prepare to rescue the hostages.
Corman later claimed the film was the first movie he produced which did not make money, although he said it earned its costs back off television rights. He also says he was out of the country during pre-production and much of the script was changed by the producer. Corman returned to Hollywood two days before filming began and tried to put the things back in the film but only managed to get some of them in.
- Harry Lauter as Police Lt. Porter
- Jack Nicholson as Jimmy Wallace
- Carolyn Mitchell as Carole Fields
- Brett Halsey as Manny Cole
- Lynn Cartwright as Julie
- Barbara Knudson as Mrs. Maxton
- William A. Forester as Carl Maxton
- John Shay as Police Officer Gannon
- Ralph Reed as Joey
- Bill Erwin as Mr. Wallace
- Ed Nelson as Rick Connor
- Smoki Whitfield as Sam
- "The Cry Baby Killer (1958)". IMDb. Amazon.com. Retrieved February 18, 2014.
- Ed. J. Philip di Franco, The Movie World of Roger Corman, Chelsea House Publishers, 1979, page 16–17.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: The Cry Baby Killer|
- The Cry Baby Killer on IMDb
- The Cry Baby Killer at AllMovie
- The Cry Baby Killer at the TCM Movie Database
- The Cry Baby Killer at Rotten Tomatoes
|This article about a crime thriller film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|