The Dead Outside
|The Dead Outside|
Original film poster
|Directed by||Kerry Anne Mullaney|
|Written by||Kerry Anne Mullaney
Kris R. Bird
Sandra Louise Douglas
Set in a world devastated by a neurological pandemic, the film focuses on two survivors, April Scott and Daniel, who meet on an isolated farm in Scotland. April is immune to the disease and Daniel tries to get her to see someone about it as she might be the answer to a cure for the disease. April refuses to do so. Another woman, Kate, makes her way to the farm and is allowed to stay for the night. Kate is a nurse and when she understands April's potential value as a cure, she drugs her and attempts to kidnap her and take her back to the medical experts for further study. It is revealed that April had already escaped from a medical lab that been performing experiments on her. Kate's car crashes and Daniel is able to catch up and help April back to the safety of the farm. Kate becomes infected with the disease and is killed by April when she tries to kill Daniel.
The Dead Outside was filmed in Dumfries & Galloway over 15 days in March 2008.
Awards and nominations
- Special Jury Mention at the Festival Internazionale della Fantascienza di Trieste 2008 (aka. Science+Fiction)
- Golden Unicorn for Best Film and the Silver Unicorn for Best Director at the 10th Estepona International Horror and Fantasy Film Festival
- BAFTA Scotland New Talent Awards (2009) in the categories of Best New Work, Director, Producer, and Writer
- Johnson, Andrew (6 July 2008). "Horror: Where girlie meets gory". The Independent. Independent News and Media. Retrieved 23 September 2009.
- "Tres Dìas wins the Asteroid Award". S+F (in Italian). Science+Fiction. 16 November 2008. Retrieved 23 September 2009.
- "Scots film scoops horror honours". BBC News. BBC. 23 September 2009. Retrieved 23 September 2009.
- "La Cinta Escocesa The Dead Outside Encabeza el Palmarés de la X Semana Internacianol de Cine Fantástico y de Terror de Estepona". X Semana Internacional de cine Fantástico y de Terror de Estepona (in Spanish). 13 September 2009. Retrieved 23 September 2009.
- "NTA '09 Nominations & Winners". Bafta Scotland. British Academy of Film and Television Arts. Retrieved 23 September 2009.
- "A Grand Engagement". FilmStew.com. FilmStew. 3 July 2008. Retrieved 23 September 2009.
- "Film index page". Film4 FrightFest. London FrightFest. Retrieved 23 September 2009.
- Official website
- The Dead Outside on Internet Movie Database
- Interview with director Kerry Anne Mullaney at Behind the Couch
|This article about a 2000s horror film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|