|Author||David B. Weishampel, Peter Dodson, Halszka Osmólska|
|Publisher||University of California Press|
The Dinosauria is an extensive book on dinosaurs, compiled by David B. Weishampel, Peter Dodson, and Halszka Osmólska. It has been published in 2 editions, with the first edition published in 1990, consisting of material from 23 scientists. The second, greatly revised edition, was published in 2004, with material from 43 scientists. Both editions were published by University of California Press.
The book covers a wide range of topics about dinosaurs, including their systematics, anatomy, and history. It has been lauded as "the best scholarly reference work available on dinosaurs" and "an historically unparalleled compendium of information" and by Padian (1991) as a "monumental work" which features the work of 23 dinosaur specialists: "an instant classic".
- Weishampel, D. B., Dodson, P., & Osmólska, H. (1990). The Dinosauria. Berkeley: University of California Press.
- Weishampel, D. B., Dodson, P., Osmólska, H., & Hilton, Richard P. (2004). The Dinosauria. Berkeley: University of California Press.
- Benson R. (2007), "Review: Weishampel D.B., Dodson P. & Osmolska H. 2004. The Dinosauria", Geological Magazine 144(1): pp. 218-219
- Padian, K. (June 20, 1991). [Review of] The Dinosauria. Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 263-266
- Gaffney, E. S. (September 01, 1991). [Review of] The Dinosauria. Systematic Zoology, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 378-379
- Carpenter, K. (January 01, 1993). The Dinosauria: edited by David B. Weishampel, Peter Dodson and Halszka Osmoska. University of California, Berkeley, CA, United States 1990. Hardcover. 733 pages. US $85. ISBN 0-520-06726-6. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, vol. 105, no. 3, pp. 361-362
- Irmis, R. B. (January 01, 2006). Weishampel, Dodson, Osmólska: The Dinosauria, 2nd edition. Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology, vol. 26, no. 1, p. 232
- Larsson, H. C. E. (January 28, 2005). Vertebrate Paleontology The Dinosauria 2nd ed. David B. Weishampel, Peter Dodson, Halszka Osmolska, Eds. Science New York Then Washington-, pp. 509, 520
- Benson, R. (January 01, 2007). WEISHAMPEL, D. B., DODSON, P. & OSMÓLSKA, H. 2004. The Dinosauria, 2nd ed. xviii + 861 pages. Berkeley, Los Angeles, London: University of California Press. Price £62.00 (hard covers). ISBN 0-520-24209-2. Geological Magazine, vol. 144, no. 1, pp. 218-219.
- Ruben, J. (December 01, 2005). The Dinosauria. Second Edition. Edited by David B Weishampel, Peter Dodson, and Halszka Osmólska.The Dinosauria. Second Edition. Edited by David B. Weishampel, Peter Dodson, and Halszka Osmólska. Berkeley CA: University of California Press. $95.00. xviii + 861 pages; ill.; genera and species, stratigraphic and geographic, and subject indexes. ISBN 0-520-24209-2. (2004). The Quarterly Review of Biology, vol. 80, no. 4, pp. 468-469
- Preview of  second edition (2004) at books.google.com
-  Review of second edition
-  PDF-version of chapter 22: "Basal Ceratopsia", from second edition
|This article about a dinosaur-related book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|