The Flying Machine (film)
|This article needs to be updated. (January 2016)|
|The Flying Machine|
|Directed by||Martin Clapp
|Produced by||Hugh Welchman
Bertrand Le Guern
|Written by||Geoff Lindsey
|Edited by||Daniel Greenway|
The Flying Machine is a 2011 3-D live action/animation family feature film produced by BreakThru Films. The film is directed by Martin Clapp, Geoff Lindsey and Dorota Kobiela, and stars Heather Graham and Lang Lang.
A family takes a journey across the globe on a strange and amazing flying machine, experiencing a series of adventures along the way.
- Heather Graham, as Georgie, a single-parent who struggles to balance her work and family life.
- Lang Lang, as himself. He also performs the film's soundtrack.
The Flying Machine is produced by BreakThru Films and is their first feature length film to be shot in stereoscopic 3-D. It is the first film to combine live-action and stop-motion in 3-D. It is set to the études of Frédéric Chopin, and is intended to mark his 200th anniversary. The score was arranged by writer-director Geoff Lindsey and is performed by the film's co-star Lang Lang.
A number of short films were produced alongside the feature, each to be set to one of Chopin's étude. A total of 25 were produced, and were made in a variety of styles and formats, using live-action, stop-motion, and animation.
Short film titles
- Opus 10 No. 1 - Transformation
- Opus 10 No. 3 - Dad Leaves & Returns
- Opus 10 No. 7 - Learning To Fly
- Opus 10 No. 9 - London
- Opus 25 No. 2 - Chopin's Drawings
- Opus 25 No. 5 - Curio Shop
- Opus 25 No. 11 - Magic Storm
- Opus 25 No. 12 - English Channel
- Tristesse - Tristesse
- Opus 10 No. 2 - Scarecrow
- Opus 10 No. 4 - Pl.Ink
- Opus 10 No. 6 - Jumble
- Opus 10 No. 8 - Pacific Etude
- Opus 10 No. 10 - All Those Days
- Opus 10 No. 11 - Hamster Heaven
- Opus 10 No. 12 - Little Postman
- Opus 25 No. 3 - Behind The Scenes: With The Animators
- Opus 25 No. 4 - Spirits of the Flying Machine
- Opus 25 No. 7 - Paper Piano
- Opus 25 No. 8 - Fat Hamster
- Opus 25 No. 9 - Papa's Boy
- Opus 25 No. 10 - Night Island