The Get Set
The Get Set's critically acclaimed debut Down Marriott Lane! (released early 2002) featured the hit song "Best Friend (I Was About To Be)" and was produced by renowned producer/songwriter/musician Rob Laufer (who has worked with many artists, including Fiona Apple, Johnny Cash, Melissa Ferrick, Cheap Trick, and Frank Black).
The title of the album Down Marriott Lane! is an obvious play on the phrase: down memory lane. In The Get Set's case, the record was named after (and the cover photo is a nod to) Steve Marriott and Ronnie Lane of the legendary mod band, Small Faces.
Tokyo-based Trident Style Records inked a deal in 2004 to release Down Marriott Lane! in Japan, where the band's sound would thrive.
The Get Set's success was due in part to their ability to combine mod, soul and pop/rock music with melodic songs and well-crafted lyrics.
- Rob Goraieb: Lead Vocals, Guitar, Songwriter
- Mark Powell: Drumset, Background Vocals
- Chris Diede: Wurlitzer/Piano, Background Vocals
- Gerry Valvona: Bass
Former Band Members
- Mark Eastwood: Bass
- Down Marriott Lane! (U.S. release 2002)
- Down Marriott Lane! (Japanese release with bonus tracks 2004)
- You Can't Be Neutral On A Moving Train: Songs For Election Day (Label: Selector Series 2008 feat. Bono with the Soweto Gospel Choir and Dave Stewart - Track 7: The Get Set's "Make It Happen")
"Big Nothing" was in Season One: Episode 1.15 Independence Day. Scene: At Crashdown, Isabel, Liz and Maria talk about Michael; Max comes and tells them Valenti's got him.
"I Feel Free" was in Season One: Episode 1.20 Max to the Max. Scene: In Crashdown kitchen, Maria overhears Michael and Isabel talking about baby.
- Beyond Mainstream Down Marriott Lane! review
Note: Material compiled via band's record labels, magazines, news reports, and artist's website.
|This article on a United States rock music band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|