John D. Mann
|December 27, 2007|
|LC Class||HF5386 .B888 2007|
The Go-Giver: A Little Story About a Powerful Business Idea is a business book written by Bob Burg and John D. Mann. It is a story about the power of giving. The first edition was published on December 27, 2007 by Portfolio Hardcover.
The Go-Giver revolves around the story of a young professional (Joe) who is striving for success. Joe is ambitious, however lately it seems like his hard work and efforts are not paying off in terms of results. Following a disappointing quarter for sales results, he inadvertently seeks the mentorship of The Chairman.
Joe then embarks on a learning journey by meeting Go-Givers—friends of The Chairman. Through these interactions he learns of the "Five Laws of Stratospheric Success":
- Value: Your true worth is determined by how much more you give in value than you take in payment.
- Compensation: Your income is determined by how many people you serve and how well you serve them.
- Influence: Your influence is determined by how abundantly you place other people's interests first.
- Authenticity: The most valuable gift you have to offer is yourself.
- Receptivity: The key to effective giving is to stay open to receiving.
The book was ranked ninth on the 2008 Businessweek Best Seller list.
- "Bob Burg - Influence & Success InsightsHome - Bob Burg - Influence & Success Insights". www.burg.com.
- "John David Mann - New York Times Bestselling Author". John David Mann.
- "http://timesheetchronicles.wordpress.com/2012/01/07/on-the-go-giver/". The Timesheet Chronicles - Omar Halabieh.