The Good Girls
|The Good Girls|
|Origin||Los Angeles, California|
|Past members||Joyce Tolbert
The Good Girls were recording artist for Motown Records, and were groomed as a contemporary version of The Supremes with a more urban sound. The group's debut album All for Your Love, influenced heavily by Teddy Riley's new jack swing movement, was released 1989, producing the hit single "Your Sweetness" which peaked to #6 on Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart. Other notable singles included their cover version of "Love Is Like an Itching in My Heart," and "I Need Your Love". The girls also appeared on the 1990 debut single by MC Trouble entitled "(I Wanna) Make You Mine". The group's second album Just Call Me was released in 1992 with lukewarm success. Two highlights for the group happened in 1990 when they went on Motown's MotorTown Tour and later that year, they would join New Kids on the Block's 'No More Games' tour.
Group member DeMonica Santiago is married to actor Glenn Plummer.
- 1989: All for Your Love (Motown) - R&B #32
- 1992: Just Call Me (Motown)
- 1990: "Your Sweetness" - R&B #6
- 1990: "Love Is Like an Itching in My Heart" - R&B #10
- 1990: "I Need Your Love" - R&B #59
- 1992: "Just Call Me" - R&B #41, UK #75
- 1993: "It Must Be Love" - R&B #47