The Green Round
Dust-jacket for The Green Round
(first edition, 1933)
|Media type||Print (Hardback)|
The Green Round is a horror novel by Welsh author Arthur Machen. It was originally published by Ernest Benn Limited in 1933. The first U.S. edition was published by Arkham House in 1968 in an edition of 2,058 copies. It was the only book by Machen to be published by Arkham House.
According to the Friends of Arthur Machen website, "Machen's final full-length work of fiction is judged a failure by some. However, in this work, Machen's earlier exploration of the fantastic moves outward to embrace the absurd, of Kafka, Camus and Sartre. Not recommended for devotees of gothic and horror, but of potential fascination for the rest of us." 
- Jaffery, Sheldon (1989). The Arkham House Companion. Mercer Island, WA: Starmont House, Inc. p. 89. ISBN 1-55742-005-X.
- Chalker, Jack L.; Mark Owings (1998). The Science-Fantasy Publishers: A Bibliographic History, 1923-1998. Westminster, MD and Baltimore: Mirage Press, Ltd. p. 44.
- Joshi, S.T. (1999). Sixty Years of Arkham House: A History and Bibliography. Sauk City, WI: Arkham House. p. 99. ISBN 0-87054-176-5.
- Nielsen, Leon (2004). Arkham House Books: A Collector's Guide. Jefferson, NC and London: McFarland & Company, Inc. p. 80. ISBN 0-7864-1785-4.
- S.T. Joshi. "Arthur Machen: Philosophy and Fiction". Studies in Weird Fiction 1, No 2 (Summer 19870, p. 8