The Gym Group
|Public limited company|
|Traded as||LSE: GYM |
FTSE SmallCap Component
|Revenue||£153.1 million (2019)|
|£21.5 million (2019)|
|£3.6 million (2019)|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (July 2020)
The company was founded in 2007 and its first site was in West London. It now has around 160 gyms with 668,000 members. Some of these sites were acquired from EasyGym and Lifestyle Fitness.
Phoenix Equity Partners and Bridges Ventures invested in the company in its early years. The Gym Group floated on the London Stock Exchange in 2015. In 2018, The Gym Group had revenue of £124 million and EBITDA of £37 million.
- "Annual Report 2019" (PDF). Retrieved 14 July 2020.
- "Companies House Company Profile". Retrieved 14 July 2020.
- "Company Board of Directors". Retrieved 14 July 2020.
- Farrell, Sean (9 November 2015). "The Gym to float on stock market with valuation of £250m". The Guardian. Retrieved 26 February 2020.
- Financial Times
- "Sports Direct to open gym chain". BBC News. 11 November 2014. Retrieved 26 February 2020.
|This article about a company of the UK is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|