The Ice Harvest (novel)
2000 Picador hardcover edition cover
|Media type||Print (Hardcover)|
|LC Class||PS3566.H515 I25 2000|
|Followed by||The Walkaway|
It is Christmas Eve in Wichita, Kansas and snowing steadily. The streets are deserted, traffic is light and most people have returned home for the start of the festivities. But family get-togethers are the last thing on Charlie Arglist's mind, and home is the last place he needs to be. For Charlie has to get out of town, having stolen nearly a million dollars. In nine and a half hours, to be precise.
Awards and nominations
- Silver Medal - First Work of Fiction, by the California Book Awards (for books published in 2000).
- It was shortlisted for the CWA Gold Dagger for best crime novel of 2001.
Film, TV or theatrical adaptations
It was adapted into a film of the same name in 2005.
- Phillips, Scott (October 2000). The Ice Harvest (Hardcover ed.). United States: Ballantine Books. ISBN 0-345-44018-8.
- Phillips, Scott (November 2000). The Ice Harvest (Hardcover ed.). United Kingdom: Picador. ISBN 0-330-48137-1.
- Phillips, Scott (November 2001). The Ice Harvest (Paperback ed.). United Kingdom: Picador. ISBN 0-330-48138-X.
|This article about a crime novel of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See guidelines for writing about novels. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.