The Last Dream
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Cover of the first edition
|Author||Gordon R. Dickson|
|Genre||Fantasy and Science fiction short stories|
|Media type||Print (Paperback)|
The Last Dream is a collection of fantasy and science fiction stories by Gordon R. Dickson. It was first published by Baen Books in 1986. Most of the stories originally appeared in the magazines Fantasy and Science Fiction, Analog Science Fiction and Fact, Fantastic, Startling Stories and Worlds of Fantasy.
- Introduction, by Sandra Miesel
- "St. Dragon and the George"
- "The Present State of Igneos Research"
- "Ye Prentice and Ye Dragon"
- "A Case History"
- "The Girl Who Played Wolf"
- "With Butter and Mustard"
- "The Amulet"
- "The Haunted Village"
- "The Three"
- "Walker Between the Planes"
- "The Last Dream"
- Brown, Charles N.; William G. Contento. "The Locus Index to Science Fiction (1984-1998)". Retrieved 2008-01-21.
- Clute, John; Peter Nicholls (1995). The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction. New York: St. Martin's Griffin. p. 332. ISBN 0-312-13486-X.
- Coulson, Robert (May 1987), "Humorists In A Strange Land", Amazing Stories, 62 (1): 72
- Rutledge, Amelia A. (June 1986), "Varied Quality, Clever Arrangement", Fantasy Review, 9 (6): 19