The Love Match
|The Love Match|
British quad poster
|Directed by||David Paltenghi|
|Produced by||Maclean Rogers|
|Written by||Geoffrey Orme (screenplay)
Glenn Melvyn (additional dialogue)
|Based on||play The Love Match by Glenn Melvyn|
|Music by||Wilfred Burns|
|Edited by||Joseph Sterling|
|Box office||£174,991 (UK) |
The Love Match is a 1955 British black and white comedy film directed by David Paltenghi and starring Arthur Askey, Glenn Melvyn, Thora Hird and Shirley Eaton. Two football-mad railway engine drivers are desperate to get back in time to see a match. It was based on the 1953 play by Glenn Melvyn, one of the stars of the film. A TV spin-off series Love and Kisses, appeared later in 1955.
- Arthur Askey ... Bill Brown
- Glenn Melvyn ... Wally Binns
- Thora Hird ... Sal Brown
- Shirley Eaton ... Rose Brown
- James Kenney ... Percy Brown
- Edward Chapman ... Mr. Longworth
- Danny Ross ... Alf Hall
- Robb Wilton ... Mr. Muddlecombe
- Anthea Askey ... Vera
- Patricia Hayes ... Emma Binns
- Iris Vandeleur ... Mrs. Entwhistle
- William Franklyn ... Arthur Ford
- Leonard Williams ... Aggressive Man
- Peter Swanwick ... Mr. Hall
- Dorothy Blythe ... Waitress
- Reginald Hearne ... Police Constable Wilfred
- Maurice Kaufmann ... Harry Longworth
- Vincent Porter, 'The Robert Clark Account', Historical Journal of Film, Radio and Television, Vol 20 No 4, 2000 p504
- "The Love Match (1955)". BFI.
- "The Complete Index to Literary Sources in Film". google.co.uk.
- "Love And Kisses (Cast)". phill.co.uk.
- U.S. MONEY BEHIND 30% OF BRITISH FILMS: Problems for the Board of Trade The Manchester Guardian (1901-1959) [Manchester (UK)] 04 May 1956: 7
- "The Love Match". TVGuide.com.
- "The Love Match". britmovie.co.uk.
|This article related to a British film of the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This film article about a 1950s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|